Jef Slootmans is a partner in the Firm's Employment Practice Group and a former managing partner of the Brussels office.
He has been recommended by Chambers, Legal 500 and Expert Guides, endorsed as a leading dispute resolution lawyer in PLC and as a leading litigation lawyer in Expert Guides.
Mr. Slootmans has over 39 years of employment litigation and counsels employers on individual (hiring/termination) and collective employment matters (restructurings/collective bargaining agreements). He has also guided several global companies through restructuring processes.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Belgian Group of the International League of Competition Law - Member
- Association for Labour Law Practitioners VZW ('Vereniging van Praktijkjuristen in Sociaal Recht VZW') - Member
- Brussels Bar Trainee School - Lecturer on Organization of a Law Office
- Flemish Bar Association - Member of the General Meeting and Commission on Business Law Firms (2006-2014; 2016-present)
- Disciplinary Board of Appeal, Brussels Legal District - Member (2002-2006)
- Brussels Bar, Flemish Section - President (2006-2008)
- Brussels Bar Council - Member (1992-1995; 2006-2009)
- University of Brussels Law School - Teaching Assistant on Economic and Financial Law (1978-1993)
- Brussels~Belgium (1978)
- University of Michigan (M.C.L.) (1976)
- University of Brussels (Law Degree magna cum laude) (1975)
'Tijdschrift voor Aannemingsrecht' 1978, 292, comment on the judgment of the Civil Court at Turnhout of June 14, 1977.
Rechtskundig Weekblad' 1982 - 1983, 1943, comment on the judgment of the Commercial Court at Brussels of October 9, 1981.
Contributor, 'Tijdschrift voor Rechtsdocumentatie' (Section Economic Law - case-law summary periodical) – 1980 - 1992.
Contributor, (subchapter) to 'Rechtsgids'
Poelaertplein 2007, no. 2, 'Law and Humour'