Jef Slootmans is a partner in the Firm's Employment Practice Group and a former managing partner of the Brussels office.
He has been recommended by Chambers, Legal 500 and Expert Guides, endorsed as a leading dispute resolution lawyer in PLC and as a leading litigation lawyer in Expert Guides.
Mr. Slootmans has over 39 years of employment litigation and counsels employers on individual (hiring/termination) and collective employment matters (restructurings/collective bargaining agreements). He has also guided several global companies through restructuring processes.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Belgian Group of the International League of Competition Law - Member
- Association for Labour Law Practitioners VZW ('Vereniging van Praktijkjuristen in Sociaal Recht VZW') - Member
- Brussels Bar Trainee School - Lecturer on Organization of a Law Office
- Flemish Bar Association - Member of the General Meeting and Commission on Business Law Firms (2006-2014; 2016-present)
- Disciplinary Board of Appeal, Brussels Legal District - Member (2002-2006)
- Brussels Bar, Flemish Section - President (2006-2008)
- Brussels Bar Council - Member (1992-1995; 2006-2009)
- University of Brussels Law School - Teaching Assistant on Economic and Financial Law (1978-1993)
- Brussels~Belgium (1978)
- University of Michigan (M.C.L.) (1976)
- University of Brussels (Law Degree magna cum laude) (1975)