Kylie Slambert is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Dispute Resolution Practice Group in Johannesburg.
Kylie has recently joined the Firm from a well-known South African firm with a large Africa presence. She assists in matters relating to insolvency, business rescue, and general commercial related disputes.
Kylie has worked on various mediation and arbitration proceedings as well as high court and lower court litigation in various commercial sectors, including acting for large corporates and has experience in the financial institutions, energy, construction and pharmaceutical industries. She has acted on investor-state disputes under ICSID, as well as the ICC Arbitration Rules.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Kylie:
- Acted for a multinational petroleum company and its subsidiary in several litigation matters.
- Acted for various listed companies in several litigation matters.
- Part of the team that acted for a subsidiary and its listed company in having the subsidiary declared an independent credit of a company in business rescue.
- Acted for commercial private banks in several litigious matters.
- Assisted in various Magistrates' Court, CCMA and Labour Court disputes.
- Assisted in various arbitrations and High Court disputes.
- South Africa (2019)
- University of KwaZulu-Natal (LLB) (2017)