Kaylea’s experience includes advising clients on general commercial law transactions as well as private equity transactions, with drafting experience extending to the preparation of shareholder agreements, private equity fund documents, sale of business agreements, sale of share agreements, memorandum of incorporation and prospectuses for public unlisted companies. She also has experience in conducting due diligence investigations and the preparation of legal opinions and memoranda.
Kaylea represents and advises multinational and listed clients across industry sectors, including cross-border transactional work in sub-Saharan Africa.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Transaction Capital Limited in relation to its acquisition of various tranches of shares in We Buy Cars for in aggregate c. ZAR 3.4 billion.*
- Advised Tyme Bank Holdings Limited in relation to its acquisition of Retail Capital Limited for ZAR 1.5 billion.*
- Advised African Rainbow Energy and Power in relation to the establishment of its renewable energy private equity fund with initial assets of ZAR 5 billion.*
- Advised the shareholders of the Connect Group in relation to their disposal of 100% of the Connect Group to Net 1 UEPS Technologies Inc for c. ZAR 3.8 billion.*
- Advised The Foschini Group Limited in relation to its acquisition of Quench Proprietary Limited.*
* Experience obtained prior to joining Baker McKenzie
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of South Africa
- South Africa (2020)
- University of the Witwatersrand (LLB) (2017)
- North-West University South Africa (BA Political Science Honours) (2014)
- North-West University South Africa (BA Politics, Philosophy and Economics) (2013)