Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a raw materials mining and manufacturing client on the Australian aspects of a global foreign corrupt practices investigation, working with forensic accountants and colleagues in the United States.
- Advised a defense industry client in relation to whistle blower driven allegations of falsification of records and results.
- Advised an enforcement service provider on sanction breach and operational impropriety.
- Developed manuals and processes for management consultant and technology providers to follow in response to compulsive powers such as search warrants.
- Assisted clients in multiple industries to respond to subpoenas, search warrants and regulators' notices to produce or be examined.
- Created and reviewed codes of conduct, compliance manuals, policies and procedures; localized global or group-wide anti-corruption policies and procedures; completed multijurisdictional surveys and developed local law addendums for clients in multiple industries.
- Assessed a public sector client's departmental risk and exposure to improper behavior in the conduct of overseas activities.
- Conducted due diligence in relation to acquisition corruption prevention, assessment and disclosure of non-compliance, review of transactional documents, compliance warranties, declarations, certificates and indemnities for clients in multiple industries.
- Provided comprehensive advice on scope of anti-corruption laws in the context of global business operations for Australian-based steel, automotive and retail manufacturers.
- Created and reviewed guidelines and procedures, provided event and incident specific advice, and localized global or group-wide policies and procedures; completed multijurisdictional surveys for clients in multiple industries.
- Victoria~Australia (2002)
- Monash University (LL.B.) (2000)
- Monash University (B.A.) (2000)
Co-author, "Crisis Management," Australian Mining Magazine, March 2009
Co-author, "Designers must consider draft codes and standards to safeguard against claims of negligence," Engineers Australia Magazine, March 2009
Co-author, "Assumption of Risk," Australian Mining Magazine, February 2009