Tanya Seitz is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate Practice Group in Johannesburg.
Tanya routinely assists clients in matters involving mergers and acquisitions (public and private), global re-organizations, securities law, medical law, life sciences law, and corporate governance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Aveng Limited in selling 70% interest of its Aveng Steeledale business to the Kutana group of companies.
- Advised Aveng Limited on the disposal of its 51% interest in the Aveng Grinaker LTA business to the Kutana group of companies.
- Advised Kumba Iron Ore Limited on the potential unbundling by its majority shareholder, Anglo American (Pty) Ltd.
- Assisted an international mineral and energy resources group on the acquisition of a 74% interest in a South African underground coal gasification power project.
- Advised Adcorp Limited on the global restructuring of the Adcorp group of companies.
- Advised Thelo Aviation Consortium Proprietary Limited on its disinvestment from Comair Limited.
- Advised Solenis Technologies on the South African leg of the acquisition of Ashland Technologies.
- Advised Western Global Holdings on the South African leg of the acquisition of Transtank.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Northern Provinces - Member
- South Africa (2016)
- University of Stellenbosch (LLB) (2013)
- University of Stellenbosch (BA) (2010)