Tanya Seitz is a director designate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group in Johannesburg.
Tanya routinely assists clients in matters involving public and private mergers and acquisitions, global reorganizations, takeovers, securities law, private equity, equity capital markets, medical law, life sciences law, and corporate governance.
She represents and advises multinational and listed clients across industry sectors, including cross-border transactional work in sub-Saharan Africa.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised ArcelorMittal South Africa as a creditor, post commencement financier and potential acquirer in relation to the business rescue proceedings of Clotan Steel.
- Advised ArcelorMittal South Africa in relation to the orderly and commercial wind down of its Saldanha Steel business division, Saldanha Works, ultimately placing the Saldanha Works on care and maintenance.
- Advised ArcelorMittal South Africa Limited regarding its disposal of a 50% interest in Macsteel International Trade Holdings Limited to MacSteel Global, worth approximately USD 220 million.
- Advised Aveng Limited and its subsidiaries in relation to the restructuring of its balance sheet.
- Advised Aveng Limited in relation to the disposal of its none-core assets, including Infraset, Duraset, DFC, Grinaker and Steel business divisions, as well as the disposal of various none core property assets.
- Advised Aveng Limited in relation to the early redemption of its ZAR 2 billion convertible bonds and concurrent rights offer which successfully raised ZAR 460 million.
- Advised Bidvest Group Limited in relation to its acquisition of 100% of the shares in PHS Group Limited, a hygiene services provider in the UK, Ireland and Spain for GBP 495 million.
- Advised Impala Platinum Holdings Limited in relation to its proposed acquisition of 100% of the issued and outstanding common shares in North American Palladium, the Canadian-based primary platinum group metals producer listed on the TSX and the US OTC market, for a total cash consideration of approximately ZAR 11.4 billion.
- Advised Impala Platinum Holdings Limited regarding its offer for an incentivized conversion of USD 250 million 3.25% convertible bonds due in 2022 into ordinary shares in Impala Platinum Holdings Limited.
- Listed in the Acritas Stars Report 2017 and 2018
- Shortlisted for Private Practice: Most Promising Newcomer by African Legal Awards 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of South Africa - Member
- South Africa (2016)
- University of Stellenbosch (LLB) (2013)
- University of Stellenbosch (BA) (2010)