Eva-Maria is a partner in our Austrian corporate / M&A group and a member of our global sustainability practice. She acts as global lead sustainability partner for our financial institutions industry group, heads Baker McKenzie's capital markets practice in Austria and is a member of our EMEA steering committee for capital markets. Eva-Maria is a dual-qualified lawyer, admitted to practice in Austria and New York. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie's Vienna office in 2008, Eva-Maria worked in the New York, Paris and Frankfurt offices of a well-known US law firm.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Austrian energy service provider KELAG in connection with the acquisition of hydro- and wind power assets in France and Portugal.
- Advised Amundi on the acquisition of Austrian robo-adviser Savity.
- Advised Paragon partners on the disposal of INFO-TECHNO Baudatenbank GmbH, one of their Austrian portfolio companies.
- Advised the underwriters on the IPO and listing on Euronext Amsterdam of MotorK, a SaaS provider for the automotive industry.
- Advising FCC and its subsidiary FCC Construcción in connection with claims brought by the insolvency administrators of FCC's now insolvent Austrian subsidiaries Alpine Holding GmbH and Alpine Bau GmbH.
- Frequently recommended in capital markets, JUVE Austria 2022/2023
- The hottest stocks in capital markets law, trend lawyers’ ranking 2022
- Best Lawyers in Austria 2019 for capital markets law and conflict resolution, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- Vienna Bar Association - Member
- Austria (2008)
- New York~United States (2001)
- Cornell Law School (LL.M.) (2001)
- University of Vienna (Dr. iur.) (2001)
- University of Vienna (Mag. iur.) (1998)
- Co-author (with Nick Tostivin, Andrew Zaw), Client Alert: "International: Transition finance," InsightPlus, 14.03.2023
- Co-author (with Adam Farlow, Megan Schellinger, Lisa Nielsen Board), Client Alert: "European Union: Provisional agreement reached on European Green Bonds Standard," Insight Plus,06.03.2023
- Co-author (with Joanna Ludlam, Christine Cuthbert, Richard Powell), Client Alert - Europe: "International: Preparedness for climate-related litigation in the financial sector," InsightPlus, 17.10.2022
- Co-author (with Fiona Carlin, Joanna (Jo) hewitt, William-James Kettlewell), Client Alert - Europe: "International: Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive - Regulating beyond borders," InsightPlus, 12.10.2022
- Co-author (with Anita Lukaschek and Teresa Stüttler), Client Alert - Österreich: Vorschlag für eine Richtlinie über Nachhaltigkeitspflichten von Unternehmen "Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive," InsightPlus, February 2022
- Author, "Die EU-Taxonomie - nur Mehraufwand?," Industriemagazin, 03.11.2021