Eva-Maria Ségur-Cabanac heads Baker McKenzie's capital markets practice in Austria and is a member of the Firm's EMEA Steering Committee for Capital Markets. She is also Global Lead Sustainability Partner for our Financial Institutions Industry Group and a member of Baker McKenzie's global Sustainable Finance Service Line. Eva-Maria is a dual-qualified lawyer, admitted to practice in Austria and New York. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie's Vienna office in 2008, Eva-Maria worked in the New York, Paris and Frankfurt offices of a well-known US law firm.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Austrian energy service provider KELAG in connection with the acquisition of hydro- and wind power assets in France and Portugal.
- Advising FCC and its subsidiary FCC Construcción in connection with claims brought by the insolvency administrators of FCC's now insolvent Austrian subsidiaries Alpine Holding GmbH and Alpine Bau GmbH.
- Advised Wohnbaubank AG in connection with the preparation of a base prospectuses for its convertible bond issuance program.
- Advised Swedish Amplifier Game Invest in connection with the acquisition of Austrian game development studio Rare Earth Games GmbH.
- Advised French Delachaux S.A. in connection with the acquisition of a majority stake in Austrian Frauscher Sensor Technology Group GmbH.
- Best Lawyers in Austria 2019 for capital markets law and conflict resolution, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019
- Highly Regarded, Capital Markets: Equity, IFLR1000, 2018-2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- Vienna Bar Association - Member
- Austria (2008)
- New York~United States (2001)
- Cornell Law School (LL.M.) (2001)
- University of Vienna (Dr. iur.) (2001)
- University of Vienna (Mag. iur.) (1998)