Eva-Maria joined the Firm’s Vienna office as a partner in 2008. She is a dual-qualified lawyer, admitted to practice in Austria and New York. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Eva-Maria worked as an associate in the New York, Paris and Frankfurt offices of a well-known US law firm.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising FCC and its subsidiary FCC Construcción in connection with claims brought by the insolvency administrators as well as holders of bonds issued by FCC's now insolvent wholly-owned Austrian subsidiary Alpine Holding GmbH.
- Advised MSD in connection with its participation in a financing round of Austrian biotech company Themis Bioscience GmbH.
- Advised French Delachaux S.A. in connection with the acquisition of a majority stake in Austrian Frauscher Sensor Technology Group GmbH.
- Advised French Compagnie des Alpes on the acquisition of Familypark, Austria's largest leisure park.
- Advised s Wohnbaubank AG in connection with the preparation of a new base prospectus for a bond issuance programme.
- Advised Erste Group and BNP PARIBAS as placement agents in connection with the sale by immigon portfolio abbau ag of shares in Raiffeisen Bank International AG by way of a block trade.
- Acted as underwriter's counsel on the capital increase of AT&S, the "re-IPO" of Lenzing AG, the capital increase and secondary offering of shares of DO & CO Restaurants & Catering Aktiengesellschaft and the capital increase and dual listing in Vienna and Warsaw of shares of Warimpex Finanz- und Beteiligungs AG.
- Best Lawyers in Austria 2019 for capital markets law and conflict resolution, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019
- Band 3, Capital Markets, Chambers Global, 2014-2020
- Band 3, Capital Markets, Chambers Europe, 2014-2020
- Highly Regarded, Capital Markets: Equity, IFLR1000, 2018-2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- Vienna Bar Association - Member
- Austria (2008)
- New York~United States (2001)
- Cornell Law School (LL.M.) (2001)
- University of Vienna (Dr. iur.) (2001)
- University of Vienna (Mag. iur.) (1998)