Aaron A. Scow is a partner in the Firm's corporate practice. His practice encompasses all aspects of corporate and securities law.
Aaron has represented public and private clients in a variety of industries focusing primarily on debt and equity offerings, mergers and acquisitions, real estate joint ventures, private equity and venture capital investments, credit facilities, corporate governance and other general corporate and securities matters.
Representative Legal Matters
Aaron's representative engagements include serving as counsel to:
- A privately-held transmission and distribution utility company in numerous 144A/Reg. S offerings of senior secured notes worth an aggregate of USD 9.3 billion and the related A/B exchange offers, including the company's first green bond offering in the amount of USD 400 million and its first social bond offering in the amount of USD 450 million
- A NYSE-listed real estate investment trust in three public offerings by its operating partnership of senior unsecured notes worth an aggregate of USD 1.25 billion and two private offerings by its operating partnership of senior unsecured notes worth an aggregate of USD 225 million
- A NYSE-listed natural gas and electric utility company in a public offering of senior unsecured notes worth an aggregate of USD 350 million, which was the company's first green bond offering
- A NYSE-listed motion picture exhibitor in connection with its initial public offering along with multiple offerings of senior and senior subordinated notes, tender offers, mergers and other acquisitions
- A NYSE-listed national radio broadcast and outdoor advertising company in a leveraged buyout transaction with an enterprise value of USD 24 billion
- A Belgian-based food retailer in the acquisition of all of the outstanding shares of a U.S.-based subsidiary that it did not own for USD 3.6 billion
- A publicly-traded oil and gas company in connection with the acquisition of a publicly-traded competitor in a combination worth USD 2 billion
- A publicly-traded company in connection with a USD 2.2 billion credit facility
- A real estate company in connection with a USD 200 million investment by an investor and a USD 150 million credit facility with Fannie Mae
- A real estate development company in numerous joint venture investments and credit agreement matters
- Multiple private equity and venture capital investors in connection with debt and equity investments in portfolio companies
- Underwriters in numerous debt and equity offerings
- Numerous public and private companies, including SPACs, in connection with multiple debt, equity and equity-linked investments
- Numerous special committees of independent directors in connection with going private transactions involving public companies
- Rising Star, Texas Super Lawyer, 2004-2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dallas Bar Association - Member
- State Bar of Texas - Member
Aaron is active in numerous civic, charitable and community activities. He currently serves on the Executive Circle Committee and the Public Policy Committee of the Dallas Regional Chamber of Commerce.
Aaron is also a member of the board of directors of the STAR/Children's Scholarship Fund.
- Texas~United States (1998)
- University of Minnesota Law School (J.D., cum laude) (1998)
- University of Nebraska (B.S.) (1995)