Representative Legal Matters
- Advised several video gaming and film companies on blacklisting procedures to lift the ban of almost 20 video games and films.
- Advised on a broad range of data protection matters including administrative proceedings initiated by a data protection authority in conjunction with a large M&A transaction.
- Advised various video game companies on loot boxes, including land mark proceedings in the NL and Belgium.
- Advised Sony on the rehabilitation of the banned movie “The Evil Dead” (Tanz der Teufel), including court and administrative proceedings.
- Responsible for land mark proceedings for Apple/iTunes before the European General Court against the German film tax on foreign VoD providers.
- Advised on and appealed several age-rating decisions in Australia and Germany.
- Germany (2014)
- Bond University (Master of Law) (2014)
- High Regional Court of Berlin (Second State Exam) (2012)
- Freie Universitaet of Berlin (First State Exam) (2010)
Author, "Loot Boxes in Japan: Legal Analysis and Kompu Gacha Explained", 3 August 2018
Author, "French gambling regulator releases its position on Loot Boxes", LinkedIn, 30 June 2018
Legal Expert (Sachverständiger), "Durchwirkungsregelung des neuen JMStV – Anmerkungen aus praktischer Sicht, rechtsmissbräuchliche Anträge und Zensurverbot", Gremien-Sitzung der Kommission für Jugendmedienschutz (KJM) zur Etablierung des Durchwirkungsverfahrens, Mai 2016