Dr. Philipp Schütt, a senior associate and member of the Firm’s International Commercial & Trade Practice Group, began his career in law in 2009. He advises companies on all aspects of commercial law, contract law and distribution law. Moreover, his work focuses on cross-border litigation and arbitration proceedings in a variety of areas of private commercial law.
Dr. Schütt advises companies on all aspects of commercial law, contract law and distribution law. He particularly drafts and advises on agency and distribution agreements, customer and supply agreements and general terms and conditions. He also represents German and international clients in complex disputes before German courts and domestic and international arbitral tribunals and is working as arbitrator in institutional and ad hoc arbitration proceedings. In 2014, he was appointed as Certified Specialist for International Commercial Law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised several international clients in cross-border commercial and distribution law matters, particularly in connection with the localization and termination of agreements.
- Advised a German company in the conclusion of international supply contracts with a Russian company.
- Represented a German company in defending against unjustified claims in Germany and Switzerland.
- Representing an English company in international litigation proceedings against a German engine builder.
- Represented a German company in international arbitration proceedings relating to alleged breaches of post-contractual duties under a share purchase agreement.
- Represented a German chemical company and its US affiliate in defending against unjustified claims for damages for breach of invention rights in Germany and the United States.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Institution of Arbitration (DIS) – Member
- German Initiative of Young Arbitrators (DIS40) – Member
- German Society for Distribution Law e.V. – Member
- Germany (2009)
- Fachanwalt für Internationales Wirtschaftsrecht (Attorney specializing in International Economic Law)
- Court of Appeal, Cologne (2009)
- University of Cologne (2007)
- University of Cologne (2005)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten, Wirtschaftsprüfern und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.