Representative Legal Matters
- Advised several international clients in cross-border commercial and distribution law matters, particularly in connection with the localization and termination of agreements.
- Advised a German company in the conclusion of international supply contracts with a Russian company.
- Represented a German company in defending against unjustified claims in Germany and Switzerland.
- Representing an English company in international litigation proceedings against a German engine builder.
- Represented a German company in international arbitration proceedings relating to alleged breaches of post-contractual duties under a share purchase agreement.
- Represented a German chemical company and its US affiliate in defending against unjustified claims for damages for breach of invention rights in Germany and the United States.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Institution of Arbitration (DIS) – Member
- German Initiative of Young Arbitrators (DIS40) – Member
- German Society for Distribution Law e.V. – Member
- Germany (2009)
- Fachanwalt für Internationales Wirtschaftsrecht (Attorney specializing in International Economic Law)
- Court of Appeal, Cologne (2009)
- University of Cologne (2007)
- University of Cologne (2005)
Author, "The ICC Expedited Procedure – New Demands for the Drafting of ICC Arbitration Agreements as from 1 March 2017," Global Arbitration News, 20 February 2017
Author, "Admissibility to serve a complaint filed with a US-court in Germany," jurisPR-IWR 1/2016, Note 3
Author, "Disputes relating to indemnification claims in share purchase agreements," NJW 2016, p. 980
Author, "Annotation of judgment of the German Federal Court of Justice of 22 November 2012 ('Bring-or-Pay')," Betriebs-Berater 2013, p. 403
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.