Dr. Stephan Schnorberger helps businesses on the tax challenges of running or changing their international supply chain. He devotes his experience in international tax, transfer pricing and business restructuring to solve issues in tax planning, audit defense, APAs and disputes with tax authorities. He also works heavily in valuations and regulatory economics. Stephan has for numerous years been recognized in the Euromoney Expert Guide survey among "The Best of the Best" Global Tax Advisors and Global Transfer Pricing Advisors.
Stephan represents and works with clients on solving issues in transfer pricing, international tax planning and optimization of business change, and competition economics.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advises on global transfer price review and planning by means of profit split.
- Advises on strategic business model review to optimize customs and transfer pricing.
- Represents clients on tax planning, transfer pricing and valuation for outbound transfer of intellectual property.
- Represents clients on tax planning and implementation of Irish principal structure for German multinational.
- Advises on valuation of compensation payments on pan-European restructuring of manufacturing and sales.
- Works with clients on analysis of size of client's tax department from business management perspective.
- Advises on competent authority procedures within and beyond Europe.
- Advises on audit defenses of inbound principal models, partnership and branch structures.
- Recommended for Tax Controversy in Transfer Pricing, JUVE 2018
- Best of the Best, Euromoney Expert Guide 2018
- Germany Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year, International Tax Review, 2012
- Germany Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year, International Tax Review, 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Fiscal Association (IFA) - Member
- Tax Bar Dusseldorf (Germany) - Member
- Schmalenbach-Gesellschaft für Betriebswirtschaft e.V. - Member
- Germany (1996)
- University of Nurmberg (Doctor of Business Administration) (1997)
- Certified Tax Advisor (Steuerberater) (1996)
- University of Nurmberg (M.B.A.) (1992)
- Wayne State University (Master of Arts Economics) (1989)
Co-author (with Dr. Lars Haverkamp), "Chapter 7 Germany," The Transfer Pricing Law Review - Second Edition, June 2018, p. 74-83
Author, “Tax Structuring Post BEPS“, Best of the Best Expert Guides, 24 April 2018, p. 89-90
Author, “Steuergestaltung im Zeitalter nach BEPS," Börsen-Zeitung, Ausgabe 39, 24 February 2018, S. 13
Co-author (with Dr. Lars Haverkamp), "Die neue Gewinnabgrenzungsaufzeichnungsverordnung 2017 – Kritische Würdigung der finalen Fassung," Betriebs-Berater, 42/2017, 16 October 2017, p. 2455-2459
Co-author (with Dr. Norbert Mückl), “Materielles Korrespondenzprinzip bei grenzüberschreitenden verdeckten Einlagen von Kapitalgesellschaftsanteilen," DStR, 40/2017, 6 October 2017, p. 2145-2150