Christian Sauer has several years of experience in providing tax advice to German and foreign multinational companies on domestic and international corporate tax issues, focusing on deal-related tax structuring and tax-optimized reorganizations.
Christian joined Baker McKenzie in January 2020 after working in the International Tax Team of PwC Germany for five years. He holds a Master of Science degree in Accounting, Auditing and Taxation as well as Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the University of Siegen and is a certified German tax advisor since 2018.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Christian was involved in several notable transactions, including:
- Tax advice for a German Dax30 multinational group in relation to a global post-acquisition integration in multiple jurisdictions.
- Tax advice for a German Dax30 multinational group in relation to a global carve-out in multiple jurisdictions.
- Tax advice for a family-owned German-headed multinational group in relation to a global post-acquisition integration in multiple jurisdictions.
- Tax advice for a German Dax30 multinational group in relation to the acquisition and finance structure for a global deal transaction.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Fiscal Association (IFA) - Member
- Young IFA Network (YIN) - Member
- Germany (2018)
- University of Siegen (MSc) (2014)
Co-author (with Rainer Heurung, Ariane Bresgen), "Germany's Statutory Treatment of Special Payments in Transnational Cases," Intertax 2014, 644
Managing Director: Dr. Matthias Scholz
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.