Christian Sauer is a Senior Associate with nine years of experience in providing tax advice to German and foreign multinational companies on domestic and international corporate tax issues, focusing on deal-related tax structuring and tax-optimized reorganizations.
Christian joined Baker McKenzie in January 2020 after working in the International Tax Team of PwC Germany for five years. He holds a Master of Science degree in Accounting, Auditing and Taxation as well as Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the University of Siegen and is a certified German tax advisor since 2018 as well as a certified advisor for international tax law since 2021.
Representative Legal Matters
Christian's experience includes the following:
- Tax advice for a global consulting firm in relation to the establishment of a joint venture with a service partner.
- Tax advice for a German multinational joint venture regarding the simplified and tax efficient restructuring of its domestic and international group structure prior to an IPO.
- Tax advice in relation to multiple M&A transactions, related pre-deal and post-deal structuring and internal reorganizations for various multinational groups.
- Tax advice for a German Dax40 multinational group in relation to a global post-acquisition integration in multiple jurisdictions.
- Tax advice for a German Dax40 multinational group in relation to a global carve-out in multiple jurisdictions.
- Tax advice for a family-owned German-headed multinational group in relation to a global post-acquisition integration in multiple jurisdictions.
- Tax advice for a German Dax40 multinational group in relation to the acquisition and finance structure for a global deal transaction.
- Tax advice for a German multinational group in relation to the restructuring of its holding structure.
- Tax advice for German and foreign multinational groups in tax audits and proceedings with the tax authorities.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Fiscal Association (IFA) - Member
- Young IFA Network (YIN) - Member
- Germany (2018)
- Fachberater für Internationales Steuerrecht (Certified advisor specialized in International Taxation) (2021)
- University of Siegen (MSc) (2014)
Co-author (with Rainer Heurung, Ariane Bresgen), "Germany's Statutory Treatment of Special Payments in Transnational Cases," Intertax 2014, 644
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Alexander Wolff, Dr. Oliver Socher, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.