Mahardikha K. Sardjana
Mahardikha K. Sardjana is a partner in the Finance & Projects Practice Group of Hadiputranto, Hadinoto & Partners. He has been specializing in banking and finance matters for more than nine years. Mr. Sardjana has been leading the group's M&A projects on financial institutions for the past eight years. He has been involved in several projects relating to derivatives, commission sharing, securitization, loan syndications, mergers and acquisitions of banks and general banking and finance transactions. Mr. Sardjana has also assisted due diligence projects for acquisitions, mergers, rights issues, companies going private, bond transactions, and in the drafting of the legal due diligence reports for the transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (Indonesia branch) in its integration with PT Bank Ekonomi Raharja Tbk.
- Representing PT Bank Rakyat Indonesia Tbk in acquiring a 90 percent stake in PT Asuransi Jiwa Bringin Jiwa Sejahtera.
- Representing the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (BTMU) in executing an agreement to sell its entire stake in PT BTMU-BRI Finance to its joint venture partner PT Bank Rakyat Indonesia (Persero) Tbk, one of Indonesia’s largest banks.
- Assisting Cathay Financial Holdings Co Ltd in the acquisition of 40 percent shares of PT Bank Mayapada International Tbk from two foreign shareholders with a value of IDR3.52 trillion (around USD280 million).
- Representing PT Bank Himpunan Saudara 1906 Tbk in a legal merger with PT Bank Woori Indonesia.
- Representing Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. and ACOM Co., Ltd. in acquiring majority stakes in PT Bank Nusantara Parahyangan Tbk.
- Advising PT Metro Panca Gemilang on the sale of the final and remaining 50 percent of its stake in PT Bank Metro Express to Shinhan Bank of Korea.
- Representing Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation in relation to its shares participation in PT Indonesia Infrastructure Finance.
- Representing PT Prima Bangun Investama and City Charm Enterprises Limited (members of Pacific Century Premium Developments Limited group of companies) in obtaining a USD140 million and a USD60 million term loan facility from syndicated offshore and domestic lenders, with Standard Chartered Bank as facility agent.
- Representing PT Bank Rakyat Indonesia (Persero) Tbk., the largest state-owned bank by assets in 2014, in the issuance of 2.950 percent Senior Unsecured Fixed Rate Notes due in 2018.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indonesian Advocates Association (PERADI) - Member
- Indonesia (2008)
- National University of Singapore (LL.M.) (2012)
- University of Indonesia (B.A. Law) (2005)