Steven regularly advises clients on capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions, bank financings, liability management transactions and general corporate and securities matters.
Steven represents investment banks and issuers in both international and domestic debt and equity securities offerings, including both SEC registered and Rule 144A/Regulation S transactions. He also advises on public company reporting and SEC and NYSE compliance and corporate governance matters.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Steven worked on the following matters:
- Represented of one of the largest energy companies in Brazil in connection with its inaugural USD 1 billion Rule 144A/Regulation S debt offering and USD 500 million follow-on offering, its acquisition of a controlling interest in an electricity distribution company, and in connection with its US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting and compliance and general corporate matters.
- Represented various Mexican real estate investment trusts (REITs) in connection with initial public offerings, follow-on equity offerings, and debt offerings under Rule 144A and Regulation S.
- Represented the largest benefits administrator in Brazil in connection with establishing and registering its Level 1 American Depositary Receipt (ADR) program with the SEC.
- Represented a Mexican food company in connection with a USD 1 billion novel and complex acquisition bank financing.
- Represented one of the largest private Brazilian groups dedicated exclusively to electricity transmitting activities in Brazil in its USD 876 million "re-IPO" of its units.
- Represented one of the largest recreational vehicle manufacturers in connection with its inaugural USD 500 million Rule 144A/Regulation S debt offering.
- Represented a Korean company in connection with its acquisition of a New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) listed company and its Brazilian subsidiary.
- Represented a Colombian financial institution in connection with a liability management transaction and notes reopening under Rule 144A/Regulation S.
- Represented a Brazilian FinTech in connection with its U.S. broker-dealer registration.
- New York~United States
- Fordham University (JD) (2002)
- Michigan State University (BA, summa cum laude) (1995)
- Co-author, U.S. Capital Markets Regulation and Practices – An Overview for Non-U.S. Companies, July 2021
- Moderator, Financing Infrastructure in Brazil: International Funding to Unlock Investments, June 2021
- Speaker, Listing on a U.S. Stock Exchange, Brazil Florida Business Council, March 2021
- Panelist, 2020 Bonds & Loans Latin America Virtual Conference, December 2020
- Speaker, Opportunities for Dealmakers – Brazil Privatizations Summit, February 2020
- Speaker, Raising Capital in the International Markets – International Capital Markets Development Seminar, March 2019
- Speaker, Principal Aspects of Corporate Governance in International Capital Markets Transactions, International Capital Markets Development Seminar, August 2018