Yuliana Salamanca Jaramillo
Yuliana Salamanca Jaramillo is a senior associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in Baker McKenzie Bogota, where she started working as a law clerk while enrolled in law school in 2006. She received scholarships from Boston University and Colfuturo, a Colombian non-profit organization, for her higher education and masters in law.
Yuliana has handled legal assignments relating to intellectual property locally and regionally for several multinationals, trademark and copyright prosecution and litigation, particularly matters related to infringement and unfair competition actions, licensing and IP agreements. Currently, she dedicates a great part of her work to metaverses and digital assets. In 2013, she participated in a secondment for a client’s intellectual property council in Illinois, United States. In 2017, she worked from Baker McKenzie Zurich, where she was able to meet important clients based in Switzerland. She does pro bono work for Fundación Pro Bono Colombia, which provides legal advice to people in need who cannot afford to pay legal services. Yuliana is licensed to practice in Colombia. She was named as a Rising Star in Legal 500 - 2023 Publication and bronze ranking for Individuals in Colombia, World Trademark Review 2021.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented an American construction equipment and machinery company in recovering trademarks in different countries in Latin America and settling cases in the US. Currently serves as the client’s main contact for all trademark matters and the management of its portfolio in Latin America.
- Advised on and conducted due diligence for an international tobacco group in its acquisition of a Colombia-based tobacco company.
- Coordinates the advertising review for a major US chain of restaurants throughout the Spanish speaking countries in Latin America.
- Handles enforcement for important US Tech Company and all its counterfeit issues in Colombia.
- Rising Star for Intellectual Property in Colombia, Legal 500 Latin America 2021
- Bronze ranking for Individuals in Colombia, World Trademark Review 2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Boston Bar Association - Member
- US University Alumni Network sponsored by the US Embassy in Colombia - Steering Committee
- Boston University Alumni Club in Colombia - Ambassador
- Colombia (2008)
- Boston University School of Law (LL.M. in American Law with emphasis on Intellectual Property) (2013)
- Universidad de los Andes (Master in Commercial Law) (2011)
- Universidad de los Andes (J.D.) (2008)
- Co-Author, "Estudios de Propiedad Intelectual Contemporánea", Editorial Dike. September 2022
- Author, "El Metaverso más allá de los Videojuegos", Asuntos Legales, June 2022
- Author, "Las Marcas en el Metaverso", Revista P&M, May 2022
- Author, "Y el Metaverso para Quien", Asuntos Legales, April 2022
- Author, "Influenciadores y Propiedad Intelectual", Revista P&M, February 2021
- Author, "¿Cómo llamar a mi empresa, producto o servicios?", Revista P&M, September 2020