Michał Sałajczyk is a senior associate in the IPTech practice group at Baker McKenzie’s Warsaw office.
He focuses on advising clients from the TMT sector and has experience in a broad range of matters concerning intellectual property rights, media, entertainment and online platforms.
Michał is an attorney-at-law and a graduate of the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw. He also completed post-graduate studies on New Technology Law organized by the Institute of Law Sciences of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
Michał has extensive experience in the field of copyright, as well as in advising clients from the TMT sector, including advertising agencies, artists, film and TV production companies, gambling operators and online platforms.
He focuses on drafting and negotiating contracts involving IP rights, particularly in international transactions, and providing advice to clients on matters spanning from influencer marketing to consumer rights. He also represents clients in disputes.
Representative Legal Matters
- Drafted and negotiated license agreements concerning innovative industrial technology on behalf of one of the largest Central European corporations.
- Advised an international media company on regulatory and consumer law matters related to launching a VOD platform in Poland.
- Advised and assisted a leading global energy drinks manufacturer with organizing and running a global competition.
- Negotiated several international TV format license agreements, as well as a broad range of agreements related to the production of TV talent shows, on behalf of a TV production company.
- Advised a Polish branch of a global advertising agency in matters including the advertising of sensitive products, organizing contests and influencer marketing.
- Advised a strategic infrastructure system operator on implementing open source customer relationship management software.
- Advised an international gambling company on regulatory matters related to entry into the market in Poland.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warsaw Bar Association - Member
- Poland (2015)
- University of Warsaw (Law) (2011)
- Co-author, "The Gambling Law Review: Poland," The Law Reviews, 2017-2021
- Co-author, "National copyright decisions round-up 2019," Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, 2020