Representative Legal Matters
Conduct internal investigations as outside counsel into companies facing data privacy concerns.
Led a team of attorneys and legal professionals responsible for investigating claims brought against multiple Swiss banks in the United States Department of Justices' Swiss Bank Program.
Represented a Liechtenstein-based insurance company under investigation by US and Liechtenstein authorities.
Represented high net worth individuals in disputes with the Internal Revenue Service, particularly relating to disclosure of non-US assets.
Advised a financial institution on cross-border business ventures, including currency controls and money laundering concerns.
Represented an auction house in connection with the source of funds relating to a potential sale of artwork for money laundering and tax evasion concerns.
- Massachusetts~United States (2011)
- New Hampshire~United States (2011)
- Boston University School of Law (LL.M. Taxation) (2015)
- Boston University School of Law (J.D., cum laude) (2011)
- Brigham Young University (B.A., magna cum laude) (2008)
Publications and Presentations
- Author, "U.S. Justice Department Charges an Additional Person Involved in CoinDeal’s Alleged $45 Million Metaverse and Cryptocurrency Fraud Scheme," Baker McKenzie Blockchain Blog, May 2023
- Author, "US DOJ Seizes More Than $3.3 Billion Worth of Bitcoin and Obtains Guilty Plea Arising out Of Silk Road Fraud," Baker McKenzie Blockchain Blog, November 2022
- Author, "Crypto Thieves Sentenced in “SIM Swapping” Scheme," Baker McKenzie Blockchain Blog, October 2022
- Author, "United States Department of Justice Brings Multiple Enforcement Actions Against Crypto Fraudsters," Baker McKenzie Blockchain Blog, July 2022
- Co-author, "Arrest of Bitcoin Thieves Highlights U.S. Government’s Commitment and Ability to Combat Crypto Related Crimes," Baker McKenzie Blockchain Blog, February 2022
- Co-author, "U.S. DOJ Launches “National Cryptocurrency Enforcement Team," Baker McKenzie Blockchain Blog, October 2021