Lance is a corporate lawyer, working with clients on many complex mergers and acquisitions transactions (including public market takeovers and schemes of arrangements), private M&A (both sell and buy side), private equity, funds management and capital raisings.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised ASX-listed PointsBet Holdings Limited on the sale of its USA business and associated technology to Fanatics.
- Advised Tasman Capital and GIC on the sale of the Serenitas lifestyle communities platform to PEP and Mirvac for over AUD 1 billion.
- Advised Shell on its exit from Pakistan via a sale to Saudi WAFI Energy.
- Advised ASX-listed Empire Energy in connection with all of its activities in the Beetaloo Basin.
- Advised RGT Capital on its acquisition of Young Henry brewing and the proposed acquisition of Tribe brewing.
- Advised Brazilian global personal care cosmetics group Natura & Co on the Australian aspects of the sale of Australian luxury cosmetics brand Aesop to L’Oreal for USD 2.53 billion (AUD 3.7 billion), in the biggest deal for a luxury brand in Australian history.
- Advised Finite Group (specialist provider of technology and IT recruitment) on its sale to Randstad NV (the global leader in the HR services industry).
- Advised RGT Group on its sale of AxiCorp Financial Services (a global player in the FX and CFD industry).
- Advised Australian Village Management on the sale of The Village youth hostel and backpacker accommodation management and property platform to KKR.
- Advised Shell Australia on the strategic acquisition and joint venture with WestWind Australia, a wind developer with over 4GW pipeline of wind farm projects in Australia.
- Lance is recognised as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia in Mergers & Acquisitions, 2023 Edition
- Lance is ranked as 'Highly Regarded' in M&A and Private Equity in IFLR 1000 2020 Edition.
- Lance is also recognised as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia in Mergers & Acquisitions, 2022 Edition
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of the ASIC Liaison Committee on Mergers & Acquisitions/Corporate Finance
- Member of the Football Federation Australia's Judicial Bodies
- Supreme Court of New South Wales~Australia (1998)
- University of Sydney (Master of Law specialising in securities law)