Lance is a corporate lawyer, working with clients on many complex mergers and acquisitions transactions (including public market takeovers and schemes of arrangements), private M&A (both sell and buy side), private equity, funds management and capital raisings.
Lance is a Corporate Partner in the Sydney office of Baker McKenzie specialising in Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, Capital Markets and Funds Management.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Finite Group (specialist provider of technology and IT recruitment) on its sale to Randstad NV (the global leader in the HR services industry).
- Advised RGT Group on its sale of AxiCorp Financial Services (a global player in the FX and CFD industry).
- Advised Australian Village Management on the sale of The Village youth hostel and backpacker accommodation management and property platform to KKR.
- Advised Shell Australia on the strategic acquisition and joint venture with WestWind Australia, a wind developer with over 4GW pipeline of wind farm projects in Australia.
- Advised Shell Energy Operations Pty Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Shell, and Infrastructure Capital Group, a leading Australian infrastructure manager, on the acquisition of Meridian Energy Australia Group (comprising the Powershop energy retail business and wind, hydro and development assets) for a total consideration of circa AUD 730 million.
- Advised Youfoodz Holdings Limited, one of Australia’s fastest growing ready to eat food brands, on its initial public offering and ASX listing listing and sale to Hello Fresh by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Advised Crayon Group Holding ASA in connection with its USD 410 million acquisition of rhipe Limited by scheme of arrangement.
- Advised PointsBet Holdings Limited (ASX:PBH) on its 5 year USD 500 million transformational US media partnership with NBCUniversal Media, LLC, and on its numerous capital raisings.
- Advised an underbidder in connection with the USD 2.9 billion acquisition of Tilt Renewables limited by scheme of arrangement.
- Advised online insurance platform BizCover on the sale of a 40% interest to ASX listed AUB Limited for AUD 132 million.
- Lance is recognised as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia in Mergers & Acquisitions, 2023 Edition
- Lance is ranked as 'Highly Regarded' in M&A and Private Equity in IFLR 1000 2020 Edition.
- Lance is also recognised as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia in Mergers & Acquisitions, 2022 Edition
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of the ASIC Liaison Committee on Mergers & Acquisitions/Corporate Finance
- Member of the Football Federation Australia's Judicial Bodies
- Supreme Court of New South Wales~Australia (1998)
- University of Sydney (Master of Law specialising in securities law)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.