Lance is a corporate lawyer, working with clients on many complex mergers and acquisitions transactions (including public market takeovers and schemes of arrangements), private M&A (both sell and buy side), private equity, funds management and capital raisings.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Shell Australia on the strategic acquisition and joint venture with WestWind Australia, a wind developer with over 4GW pipeline of wind farm projects in Australia.
- Advised Shell Energy Operations Pty Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Shell, and Infrastructure Capital Group, a leading Australian infrastructure manager, on the acquisition of Meridian Energy Australia Group (comprising the Powershop energy retail business and wind, hydro and development assets) for a total consideration of circa AUD 730 million.
- Advised Youfoodz Holdings Limited, one of Australia’s fastest growing ready to eat food brands, on its initial public offering and ASX listing listing and sale to Hello Fresh by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Advised Crayon Group Holding ASA in connection with its USD 410 million acquisition of rhipe Limited by scheme of arrangement.
- Advised PointsBet Holdings Limited (ASX:PBH) on its 5 year USD 500 million transformational US media partnership with NBCUniversal Media, LLC, and on its numerous capital raisings.
- Advised an underbidder in connection with the USD 2.9 billion acquisition of Tilt Renewables limited by scheme of arrangement.
- Advised online insurance platform BizCover on the sale of a 40% interest to ASX listed AUB Limited for AUD 132 million.
- Advised AMA Group on the acquisition of Suncorp’s Capital S.M.A.R.T panel repair business, at an implied enterprise value of AUD 420 million.
- Advised China Merchants Capital on AUD 350 million co-investment in the Propertylink Australian Logistics Trust II.
- Advised GIC and Serenitas Group in its acquisition of Australian retirement village owner National Lifestyle Villages from Malaysian private equity group Navis and Blackstone.
- Lance is ranked as 'Highly Regarded' in M&A and Private Equity in IFLR 1000 2020 Edition.
- Lance is also recognised as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia in Mergers & Acquisitions, 2022 Edition
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of the ASIC Liaison Committee on Mergers & Acquisitions/Corporate Finance
- Member of the Football Federation Australia's Judicial Bodies
- Supreme Court of New South Wales~Australia (1998)
- University of Sydney (Master of Law specialising in securities law)