Lance is a corporate lawyer, working with clients on many complex mergers and acquisitions transactions (including public market takeovers and schemes of arrangements), private M&A (both sell and buy side), private equity, funds management and capital raisings.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised PointsBet Holdings Limited (ASX:PBH) on its 5 year USD 400 million transformational US media partnership with NBCUniversal Media, LLC
- Advised online insurance platform BizCover on the sale of a 40% interest to ASX listed AUB Limited for AUD 132 million
- Advised AMA Group on the acquisition of Suncorp’s Capital S.M.A.R.T panel repair business, at an implied enterprise value of AUD 420 million
- Advised China Merchants Capital on AUD 350 million co-investment in the Propertylink Australian Logistics Trust II
- Advised GIC and Serenitas Group in its acquisition of Australian retirement village owner National Lifestyle Villages from Malaysian private equity group Navis and Blackstone
- Advised China Jianyin Investment Limited, JIC Huawen Investment Limited and Tamar Alliance Capital on the acquisition of a majority stake in Australia's leading vitamins and supplements business, Natures Care
- Advised William Hill plc on the sale of their Australian wagering and gaming business (including the Centrebet and Sportingbet businesses) by way of a sales auction process to CrownBet
- Advised all of the shareholders in Menulog Group Limited in relation to the AUD 855 million sale to JUST EAT plc
- Advised Shanghai listed Grounds Foods in relation to their acquisition of Brownes Dairy
- Advised Shell in relation to both USD 3.5 billion sales of circa 10% stake in Woodside, each via a competitive a block trade
- Lance is ranked as 'Highly Regarded' in M&A and Private Equity in IFLR 1000 2020 Edition.
- Lance is also recognised in the 2020 Edition of Best Lawyer in Australia for Mergers & Acquisitions Law.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of the ASIC Liaison Committee on Mergers & Acquisitions/Corporate Finance
- Member of the Football Federation Australia's Judicial Bodies
- Supreme Court of New South Wales~Australia (1998)
- University of Sydney (Master of Law specialising in securities law)