Martín Roth is a partner in the M&A, Real Estate and TMT practice groups in Baker McKenzie's Buenos Aires office. Martín has more than 13 years of extensive transactional domestic and international experience, focusing on the real estate and TMT industries.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, he worked as a trainee lawyer on the Corporate, Banking/Finance and Litigation areas with a local law firm in Argentina. From 2007 to 2012, he worked in Baker McKenzie's Buenos Aires office. From 2013 to 2016, he worked as an independent attorney at another law firm.
Martín rejoined the Buenos Aires office in 2016 and was named partner in July 2019.
Martín advises local and international clients that operate across different industries and jurisdictions on day-to-day operations, contracts, transactions and mergers and acquisitions, focusing on the real estate and TMT areas.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Bar Association
- Buenos Aires~Argentina (2006)
- Torcuato Di Tella University (2006)
- Participation in the preparation of an article related to land swaps under Argentine Rural Lands Law: "Ley 26.737 de Tierras Rurales y el swap previsto en el decreto 820/2016," published by "La Ley - Thomson Reuters."
- Author and co-author of client alerts related to TMT and real estate matters.
- Author of “Argentina's Regulation of Online Behavioral Advertising: Data Privacy Perspective,” published by "BNA, Inc. Privacy and Security Law Report."
- Author of “DPA Resolution Confirms Adequacy can be Achieved Via Cross-Border Agreements,” published by "BNA International World Data Protection Report."
- Seminar on M&A at the Río de Janeiro office of Baker McKenzie (2017).
- Professional training on Civil and Commercial Code unification organized by the Universidad Católica Argentina (2015).
- Professional training on procedural labor law organized by the National University of Buenos Aires (2015).
- Seminar on data protection regulations organized by the Argentine Data Protection Authority (2014).
- Seminar on banking and finance regulations, mainly related to the recovery of assets, organized by Fundación CIJUSO and UCES University (2013).
- Seminar on M&A at the Sao Pablo office of Baker McKenzie (2012).
- Seminar on the legal aspects of corporate finance and business management organized by the Center for the Study of Law Economics and Finance (CEDEF) (2011).
- In-company seminar on real estate regulations (2011).
- In-company seminar on employment law (2010).
- Seminar on the analysis and interpretation of financial statements organized by CEDEF (2009).
- Seminar on digital/electronic signature organized by “Herramientas Gerenciales” (2009).
- Seminar on telecommunications infrastructure and local regulations organized by the Argentine Association of Telecommunications Law (2008).
- In-company seminar on banking and finance regulations (2007).
Baker & McKenzie Sociedad Civil is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.