Henric Roth is based in Stockholm and a partner in the Capital Markets team. He joined Baker McKenzie in 2010. Mr. Roth graduated from Lund University (LL.M., jur. kand.) in 2010 and has also studied at the University of California, Santa Barbara in 2008/2009. Further, he has taken several classes in Business Administration and Economics at the University of Lund and has experience working as an officer in the reserve for the Swedish Navy. Mr. Roth was seconded to the Firm’s London Office for six months in 2016/2017. In 2018/2019 he was seconded as in-house legal counsel to one of the leading investment banks in the Nordics. During the last four years (2016-2019), Baker McKenzie's Capital Markets Group in Stockholm has been ranked #1 in acting for investment banks in capital markets transactions (in terms of deal volume) and #1-3 in acting for issuers in capital markets transactions (in terms of deal volume).
Mr. Roth specializes in capital markets work, representing late-stage private and publicly traded companies, sponsors and underwriters, with a particular emphasis on capital markets transactions within two of the most rapidly growing industries: technology and life sciences. He has extensive experience counseling clients on the full range of capital markets related matters, including IPOs, public offerings, secondary share issues, public mergers and acquisitions, strategic corporate relationships, compliance and corporate governance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Readly International in its IPO on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Acted for Citigroup, Jefferies, Stifel and Carnegie in the Swedish issuer Calliditas Therapeutics' IPO on The Nasdaq Global Select Market in the United States.
- Acted for Carnegie, Nordea and Swedbank in connection with Stillfront Group’s placement of shares.
- Acted for K2A Fastigheter in its IPO on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Acted for Carnegie in connection with Q-Linea’s Rule 144A and Regulation S IPO on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Acted for Carnegie and Stifel in connection with Calliditas Therapeutics’ Rule 144A and Regulation S IPO on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Acted for Bygghemma and FSN Capital in connection with Bygghemma’s Rule 144A and Regulation S IPO on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Acted for Carnegie in connection with the IPO of NCAB Group on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Acted for Carnegie and DNB Markets in connection with Bioarctic’s Rule 144A and Regulation S IPO on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Acted for Meltwater in its SEK 940 million public tender offer in relation to the outstanding shares in Cision, listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swedish Bar Association - Member
- Sweden (2010)
- University of Lund, Sweden (Juris Kandidat (LL.M.)) (2010)
- University of California at Santa Barbara (2009)
- University of Lund, Sweden (Economics and Business Administration)
Baker & McKenzie Advokatbyrå KB is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.