Aimee Rosien is an associate in the Global Equity Services group in Baker McKenzie's San Francisco office. Her practice emphasizes the areas of international equity plans, executive compensation and employee benefits. She is a member of the National Association of Stock Plan Professionals and the Global Equity Organization.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised an American biotechnology company on the global equity plan issues related to its acquisition of a clinical research services organization, including the regulatory and tax implications of the conversion and cash-out of equity awards across 50 countries.
- Advised a leading healthcare company on the separation of its Consumer Health Business with the tax and regulatory considerations for equity award holders across 50 jurisdictions.
- Advised Gen Digital (fka NortonLifeLock) on the global equity plan issues related to its merger with Avast, a London Stock Exchange listed company, with Gen Digital as the surviving corporation. Our advice covered the regulatory and tax implications of the conversion and acceleration of equity awards in approximately 24 countries, including employee communications and advice on corporate tax deduction issues.
- Advised ServiceNow, Inc. in its acquisition of G2K Group GmbH, a cutting-edge technology company in the artificial intelligence and IoT space in the retail industry.
- Advised an American software development company, on equity award issues related to its "going private" transaction by way of an acquisition. We provided advice to the company on the tax treatment of cashed out and converted awards as well as company/local employer withholding, reporting, and exchange control obligations.
- Assisted an American semiconductor producer with addressing the legal, regulatory and tax issues and considerations in conjunction with the acquisition of an analog and semiconductor components producer. Our team advised on the tax and regulatory considerations related to the assumption and conversion of equity awards in jurisdictions outside the United States.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Global Equity Organization - Member
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals - Member
- California~United States (2012)
- University of San Francisco School of Law (J.D.) (2012)
- Villanova University (Bachelor of Arts) (2009)