Lawyer knowledgeable in commercial, investment and sports arbitration. He has experience providing advice and representing clients in disputes on construction, energy, telecommunications, services, international investment law, civil law, commercial and foreign trade. He has also supported arbitral tribunals in the resolution of complex disputes.
Nicolás has participated in arbitrations under ICC, ICSID, UNCITRAL, CIAC, CCL, DR-CAFTA, and AmCham rules, among others.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representation of a telecommunications company in arbitration for the renewal of its concessions.
- Representation to foreign investor of the energy sector in dispute under international investment agreement.
- Representation to a company in the electricity sector in disputes under PPA and O&M contracts, in a hydroelectric power plant project.
- Representation of a company in the energy sector in dispute against a generating company, in a thermoelectric plant project.
- Representation of a company in the energy sector in dispute against a contractor under an EPC contract, in a gas pipeline construction project.
- Representation of a company in the agricultural sector in dispute against a concessionaire, in a land irrigation project.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- President of Arbitraje Alumni
- Member of the List of Arbitrers of Asociación Zambrano
- Member of the Board of Directors of Colombian Very Young Arbitration Practitioners - COLVYAP
- Sub-Editor of Very Young Arbitration Blog – VYAB
- Young ITA
- Young ICCA
- Lima (2015)
- Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá (Specialized program: Secretaries of arbitral tribunals) (2020)
- National University of Colombia (Law) (2015)
- Author, "The Olympic Truce and sports in wartime: regarding the decisions of the TAS and the BAT", IUSPORT, 2022
- Author, “The Role of the Court of Arbitration for Sport in the Olympic Games”, IUS360, 2021
- Author, "A discreet step towards monism: national arbitration under international rules", Ámbito Jurídico, 2021
- Author, "The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) and sports arbitration in Latin America", Revista Española de Derecho Deportivo, 2020
- Author, "Sports Arbitration before the CAS and Human Rights", Arbitrio Magazine (CCB), 2019
- Author, "Arbitrator Intelligence: campaign for transparency in arbitration”, Ámbito Jurídico, 2018