Mats Rooth is head of Baker McKenzie's Banking & Finance Practice Group in Stockholm. He specialises in financing and restructurings, particularly acquisition finance in relation to private equity transactions where he acts for domestic and international borrowers and lenders. Prior to joining the Firm in 2017, he was one of the founding partners and head of the Banking & Finance practice at Byström Rooth & Partners. Mats has also worked as a partner and head of the finance practice at Ashurst in Stockholm and at SEB Merchant Banking and Vinge.
Mats is recognised as a leading lawyer in banking and finance and restructuring and insolvency by directories including Who’s Who, IFLR, Chambers and Legal 500.
Representative Legal Matters
- FSN Capital VI on its financing of the acquisition of Ilionx group.
- Reocean AB (publ) on its SEK 530 million financing from EIB.
- Husqvarna AB (publ) on its EUR 2 billion term loan facility with SEB.
- DNB and Nordea on the financing of an asset to be acquired by Arccus
- FSN Capital VI on its EUR 650 million TLB (with delay draw) facility for the acquisition of Optigroup, Hygos, BFG and TPC with Jefferies, JPM and Danske Bank as MLA's.
- Husqvarna AB (publ) on its SEK 5 billion revolving facility with BNP, Citibank, Danske Bank, Svenska Handelsbanken, Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken and Swedbank as MLA's and Bookrunners.
- P Capital Partners on the EUR 63.4 million senior secured ship finance facility to 093 Fast Ferry Leasing Limited.
- Ture Invest on the financing of Nordic Capital's acquisition of Sambla Group AB and Advisa AB.
- Acting for the financier on the Swedish aspects in respect of KKR's USD 1.1 billion acquisition of music rights form Kobalt by way of warehouse facility and subsequent securitization and bond issue.
- Carlyle/Nouryon on the Swedish aspects on a multi-jurisdictional receivables financing.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swedish Bar Association - Member
- Sweden (1997)
- University of Stockholm (LLM) (1994)
- University of Cambridge (LLM) (1994)
- University of Oslo (Maritime Law Degree) (1991)