Mats Rooth is a member of Baker McKenzie's Banking & Finance Practice Group in Stockholm. He specialises in finance and restructurings. Prior to joining the Firm in 2017, he was one of the founding partners and head of the Banking & Finance practice of a Swedish boutique law firm focused exclusively on private equity and banking and finance. Prior to that, Mats was a partner and head of the finance practice at the Stockholm office of a London-based multinational law firm, a legal counsel at SEB Merchant Banking and an associate in a leading law firm in Sweden.
Mats is ranked as a leading lawyer in Banking & Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency by Chambers Europe, Euromoney’s IFLR 1000 The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms and Legal 500 Europe. He is also listed as a leading lawyer in Banking/Finance by Who’s Who Legal.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Mats handled the following matters:
- Advised Instalco and FSN on its SEK 1.2 billion IPO financing for Instalco.
- Advised General Atlantic on its financing of the acquisition of Hemnet.
- Advised Autoliv on its USD 1.1 billion refinancing.
- Advised EQT IV on its acquisition finance facilities for the acquisition of Evidensia Djursjukvård.
- Advised H.I.G. Europe on its acquisition finance facilities for the acquisition of Fågelviksgruppen Förvaltning (FVG).
- Advised Proventus Capital Partners as arranger, agent, security agent and lender on the secured term loan to 066 Fast Ferry Leasing Limited.
- Advised Proventus Capital Partners as arranger, underwriter, agent, security agent and lender on the multi-cross border senior secured loan facility to Meltwater.
- Advised Proventus Capital Partners as mezzanine arranger, underwriter and lender on the multi-cross border junior debt facility and as lender under the senior facility arranged by Deutsche Bank AG to Bilcare Research AG.
- Advised Altor on its US cross-border senior and mezzanine financing of its acquisition of Orchid.
- Advised Skanska on financing of the PPP project Nya Karolinska.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swedish Bar Association - Member
- Sweden (1997)
- University of Stockholm (LLM) (1994)
- University of Cambridge (LLM) (1994)
- University of Oslo (Maritime Law Degree) (1991)