Dr. Stephanie Rohmann
Dr. Stephanie Rohmann focuses her practice on litigation and international arbitration. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Stephanie worked as Legal Counsel to the Executive Board of one of Austria’s largest business development banks where she focused on corporate disputes. She also has a strong academic background: Until February 2021 she was a Research and Teaching Assistant at the Department of Civil Procedural Law of the University Innsbruck, where she wrote her PhD thesis on the withdrawal of claims in domestic court and international arbitration proceedings.
During her time at the University of Innsbruck, she received several merit-based scholarships and awards. Stephanie further spent several months as visiting scholar at the Max Planck Institute Luxembourg, the Max Planck Institute Hamburg, and the University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School. In addition, she gained valuable experience in several international law firms in London and Vienna, as well as at the ICC International Court of Arbitration in Paris. She studied law at the University of Vienna and at the University of California, Los Angeles.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Vienna, Young Austrian Arbitration Practitioners (YAAP) – Member
- Austrian Arbitration Association (ArbAut) – Member
- Young ICCA – Member
- Moot Alumni Association (MAA) – Member
- University of Innsbruck (Dr. iur.) (2022)
- University of Vienna (Mag. iur.) (2017)
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) (2016)
Publications and Presentations
- Author, “Is the subsequent inclusion of a statutory arbitration clause by means of a qualified majority decision compliant with Art 6 EHRC?” (“Die nachträgliche Aufnahme einer statutarischen Schiedsklausel durch qualifizierten Mehrheitsbeschluss im Lichte des Art 6 EMRK”), Journal of Commercial Law (Wirtschaftsrechtliche Blätter), February 2020, 66-72
- Co-Author (with Univ.-Prof. Dr. RA Hubertus Schumacher), "To Speak or Not to Speak - The duty of confidentiality of doctors and nursing staff as well as access to a guardianship-file" ("Zur Verschwiegenheitspflicht der Ärzte und des Pflegepersonals sowie zur Einsicht in den Sachwalterschaftsakt"), Journal of the
Notary’s Office (Notariatszeitung), November 2018, 409-412
- Speaker/closing remarks, " Flashback: Looking back on 2019, the good the bad and the ugly in arbitration in the past year", YAAP anniversary conference organized by the Young Austrian Arbitration Practitioners (YAAP), November 2019, Vienna