Guillermo Rodrigo is a partner leading the Real Estate Practice Group in Baker McKenzie’s Madrid office since 2016. He is a recognized professor of business law at IE University, and in the master of law program of Instituto Empresa teaching real estate finance projects, and civil law.
Mr. Rodrigo's practice is mainly focused on real estate, construction and real estate finance. His areas of practice include advising funds and national and international investors in connection with complex acquisitions of real estate assets, large real estate portfolios and portfolios of secured debt, as well as real estate finance practice and construction. He has also advised on the incorporation of several SOCIMIs (Spanish real estate investment trusts).
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on a number of real estate acquisitions, either through asset or share deal, or through the acquisition of large portfolios, acting for the main national and international funds and investors.
- Advised on the incorporation and listing of SOCIMIs and on the main real estate finance deals (including refinancing and debt restructuring) of the market.
- Recognized as a Leading Lawyer, Real Estate, Chambers & Partners, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Madrid Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute (ULI) Madrid
- Conoce tus leyes - Member
- Tengo Hogar - Member
- Madrid~Spain (2000)
- Instituto de Empresa (Master de Asesoría Jurídica de Empresas) (2000)
- University of Zaragoza (Law Degree) (1999)
Baker & McKenzie Madrid S.L.P. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.