Mr. Jens Rikus is a senior associate in the corporate group of the Frankfurt office. He passed his first state exam with honors in 1999 in Marburg (Lahn) and the second state exam in 2003 in Frankfurt (Main). He joined Baker McKenzie in 2003. His main areas of practice are corporate reorganizations and corporate compliance and governance. Mr. Rikus is experienced advising on corporate law issues related to the establishment, maintenance, reorganization or liquidation of companies and acted in several cross-border M&A transactions.
Mr. Rikus advises both national and international listed and non-listed clients on German law related corporate matters. He routinely handles corporate reorganizations, separations of businesses, conversions and has acted as counsel in several cross-border mergers one of which was amongst the first cross-border mergers to be completed in Germany. He is also experienced in mergers & acquisitions as well as corporate counseling. Mr. Rikus is versed in the coordination of multi-national projects and in leading cross-border teams in worldwide projects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a global manufacturer of industrial compressors, blowers and pumps in a group restructuring.
- Advised a global bathroom equipment manufacturer in an internal spin-off and subsequent sale of parts of the group.
- Advised on cross-border mergers involving several European countries.
- Advised automotive supplier in spin-off and subsequent sale of parts of the group.
- Advised several companies with integration projects following their acquisitions.
- Advised several clients in corporate housekeeping matters.
- Acted for an investor in the acquisition of an automotive supplier out of insolvency.
- Advised several pharmaceutical companies in multi-jurisdictional reorganisations.
- Germany (2003)
- Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt (Assessor Exam) (2003)
- Philipps University Marburg (Referendar Exam) (1999)