Thomas Rice is a member of the Firm's Global Corporate & Securities Practice in New York. He practices mainly in the areas of corporate and US securities law, and provides advice and counsel to US and non-US clients in the publishing, resource and finance industries.
Mr. Rice represents multinational corporations, investment funds and government entities in SEC regulatory matters, cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions, asset sales and debt and equity offerings (public and private).
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing NYSE listed industrial company in USD550 million asset sale transaction to a US public company.
- Represented two bulge bracket investment banks, joint lead managers and initial purchasers on the offer and sale of USD500 million Step Up Subordinated Callable Notes due 2017, offered by Turkish finance company organized at the instruction of a major Turkish bank.
- Represented leading US publishing and education company in multiple acquisitions for its magazine and education segments.
- Represented a student loan lender with respect to a USD140 million dollar issuance of private loan asset backed notes.
- Advised the acquirer in a successful going private merger transaction involving the acquisition of a distribution company traded on the Nasdaq Global Market.
- Provide advice to a number of leading US funding management groups involving arbitrage and trading activities.
- Represented PRC-based wind power company in successful PIPEs offering.
- New York~United States (1986)
- New York University School of Law (J.D.) (1985)
- Yale University (B.A. summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa) (1982)