Jennifer is a Partner and head of Baker McKenzie's Customs & Excise Practice in London, and co-head of Baker McKenzie EMEA Customs group.
Jennifer focuses her practice on the public regulation of international trade, particularly in a wide range of compliance issues such as customs, excise, anti-bribery and corruption, WTO, anti-tax evasion and Brexit matters.
- advising on import and export matters, including customs valuation, rules of origin/ Free Trade Agreements, tariff classification and duty mitigation strategies.
- designing and implementing international trade compliance programs, policies, procedures and risk assessments.
- conducting on-the-ground due diligence reviews, as part of M&A transactions and internal compliance assessments and investigations.
- assisting with customs and excise ruling applications, investigations and litigation.
Jennifer has been recognised as "Leading Individual" for Customs & Excise, Legal 500 UK 2022 and is recommended in Legal 500 for her clear and approachable style and her prompt, attentive and commercial advice.
Jennifer has been on secondment to the UK customs authorities (Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs) in their tax and excise litigation department and to the Firm's European Law Centre in Brussels.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales - Solicitors' European Group - Member
- UK Customs Practitioners Group - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2005)
- College of Law at London (L.P.C.) (2003)
- College of Law at Guildford (Post Graduate Diploma in Law) (2002)
- University of Pierre Mendès, Grenoble (Maitrise des Sciences et Techniques en Relations Internationales) (2001)
- University of Kent at Canterbury (Diploma International Relations) (2000)