Jennifer Revis is a partner in the EU Competition and Trade Practice Group of Baker McKenzie's London office. She is acknowledged for her timely advice and responsiveness by the Legal 500. Jennifer has been on secondment to the UK customs authorities (Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs) in their tax and excise litigation department and to the Firm's European Law Centre in Brussels. Jennifer is frequently invited to speak at external conferences and regularly contributes articles to tax journals on customs matters such as De Voils Indirect Tax Journal.
Jennifer focuses her practice on the public regulation of international trade, particularly in a wide range of compliance issues such as customs, trade sanctions, anti-bribery and corruption. She regularly advises clients on import and export matters, including customs valuation, rules of origin, classification, export controls and trade sanctions. She has conducted on-the-ground due diligence reviews for clients, both as part of an M&A process and as part of a general internal compliance assessment. She has worked with clients designing and implementing their compliance programs, policies, procedures and risk assessments.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales - Solicitors' European Group - Member
- UK Customs Practitioners Group - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2005)
- College of Law at London (L.P.C.) (2003)
- College of Law at Guildford (Post Graduate Diploma in Law) (2002)
- Universite Pierre Mendes France, Grenoble (Maitrise des Sciences et Techniques en Relations Internationales) (2001)
- University of Kent at Canterbury (Diploma International Relations) (2000)