Dr. Lisa B. Reiser is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie’s Frankfurt office with eight years of experience in dispute resolution through international arbitration, commercial litigation, adjudication and mediation.
Lisa is a regular speaker at national and international arbitration conferences, focusing on construction issues as well as on soft skill issues. She publishes articles on international arbitration and gives lectures on the conduct of arbitration proceedings at the University of Mainz. In addition, Lisa is co-organizer of the Arbitration Ladies Lunches in Düsseldorf and is committed to the equal representation of women in arbitration.
Lisa has experience in resolving disputes through international arbitration, commercial litigation and other methods of dispute resolution, including mediation and adjudication. In international arbitration proceedings, she regularly advises clients in construction matters, such as disputes over offshore wind farm projects, as well as in post-M&A disputes.
To help clients in their decision-making process, Lisa relies on legal tech and risk analysis methods to calculate the chances and risks for clients to succeed with their specific claims. She also regularly works together with delay and quantum experts to ensure that clients receive the best possible return for their investment. In addition, Lisa is experienced in working together with third-party funders in arbitration proceedings.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advises and represents clients in numerous disputes regarding the construction of offshore wind farms in the German North Sea.
- Represents a client in a DIS arbitration over the violation of balance sheet guarantees.
- Represented a German group of companies in a dispute regarding the rehabilitation of a nuclear power plant in Europe.
- Represented a German pharmaceutical company in a dispute with a Korean pharmaceutical company over the dissolution of a joint venture.
- Represented a German group of companies in a litigation over its contractual relationship with a Russian joint venture.
- Advised a German DAX30-company in a dispute with the EU regarding the reprocessing of nuclear material.
- Represented a client in a post M&A-dispute over the validity of an earn-out clause.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Arbitration Institute (DIS) – Member
- German Initiate of Young Arbitrators (DIS40) – Member
- Arbitral Women – Member
- Germany (2011)
- Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz (Dr. jur.) (2011)
- Superior Court of Justice, Koblenz (Assessor Exam) (2010)
- Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz (First State Exam) (2006)
Co-author "A Daring Idea – Introducing a Technical Secretary to International Arbitration," SchiedsVZ 2020, 213
Co-author "The Complete but Unofficial Guide to the Willem C. Vis Arbitration Moot", C.H. Beck, 1st edition 2012 to 5th edition 2019
Co-author "Die Haftung von Schiedsinstitutionen" (The Liability of Arbitral Institutions), NJW 2015, 2839
Author "Die Psychologie des Schlussplädoyers" (The Psychology of the Concluding Plea), Karriereführer Recht 1.2014
Author, "Conflicting Arbitration Clauses and the Battle of the Forms," Dispute Resolution Journal, November 2010 – January 2011
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Alexander Wolff, Dr. Oliver Socher, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.