Rodney Read is a partner in the Tax Practice Group of Baker McKenzie's Houston office.
Mr. Read’s practice focuses on wealth management, pre-immigration planning, international estate planning and international tax. He regularly assists clients with the structuring and administration of trusts, the formation of tax efficient structures for investment in the United States, US tax issues of beneficiaries, negotiation and establishment of Insurance Dedicated Funds, and expatriation from the US with advice regarding the US exit tax. He also guides clients through the US Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Programs, assists with regularizing US tax and reporting obligations, and advises financial institutions, trust companies, multi-national companies and insurance companies regarding FATCA compliance.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Bar Association - Member
- Texas~United States (2008)
- New York University School of Law (LL.M.) (2009)
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D.) (2008)
- Lamar University (B.B.A.) (2001)
- Presenter, "Opportunity Knocking: Structuring US Real Estate Investments; Coming to America: Pre-Immigration Planning; Planning for Mexican Families; and Dynamic Philanthropy," 20th Annual International Tax and Trust Training Program, New York, USA, 24 September 2019
- Presenter, "Transfers of Wealth to US Persons, Primer on CFCs and PFICs and How they Apply to LatAm Clients," 20th Annual International Tax and Trust Training Program, Miami, Florida 26 September 2019
- Presenter, "U.S. International Tax Compliance," Bloomberg BNA Introduction to U.S. International Tax Dallas, 16 May 2016
- Presenter, "Basis Planning for Intergenerational Wealth Transfers," International Financial Services New York Business Briefing, 26 April 2016
- Presenter, "Grantor Trust Rules and Planning," 2016 NATPG Wealth Management Training, 28 January 2016
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.