Louis is an associate in the Energy, Resources, Infrastructure and Corporate team in Baker McKenzie's Sydney office. Louis focuses on advising clients in the resources, energy and renewables industries throughout Australia and Asia, including extensive work in Western Australia, with a focus on M&A corporate transactions and project development.
Louis previously worked as a solicitor in Western Australia where he acted for clients in the mining and oil and gas industries. Louis' experience includes advising on energy and resources M&A transactions, renewable and mining project development and operations and regulatory advisory work in the resources and energy sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for SK E&S on matters relating to its acquisition of a 25% interest in Darwin LNG, Darwin Pipeline and the Bayu-Undan gas field and its interest in the Barossa gas field.
- Acted for Shell Energy Operations Pty Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Shell, and Infrastructure Capital Group, on the acquisition of Meridian Energy Australia Group (comprising the Powershop energy retail business and wind, hydro and development assets) for a total consideration of circa AUD 730 million.
- Acted for Shell Australia on its acquisition and joint venture with WestWind Energy.
- Acted for Sev.en Global Investments on its acquisition of Australian Salt Lake Potash Pty Ltd and the Lake Way potash project in Western Australia.
- Acted for Sev.en Global Investments on its acquisition of Vales Point Power Station in New South Wales.
- Acted for SK E&S on matters concerning their transition to the renewable energy sector, including in relation to carbon capture and storage in Australia.
- Acted for an Indonesian mining company on the development, construction and operation of a mine and processing facility in Indonesia.
- Acted for an Australian company on the development and operation of a hydrogen production facility in Queensland.
- Acted for Pantoro Limited on its 50% acquisition of the Central Norseman Gold Project located in the Western Australia's Eastern Goldfields.
- High Court of Australia (2021)
- Supreme Court of Western Australia (2019)
- University of Notre Dame (B.Com. Economics)
- University of Notre Dame (LLB)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.