Dennis Quintero is a partner in the Corporate & Commercial Practice Group of Quisumbing Torres. He heads the Firm's Energy, Mining & Infrastructure Industry Group. He is cited as a Market Leader by the IFLR 1000: Financial and Corporate Guide 2018. He is consistently ranked as a leading individual in Corporate and M&A by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and as a leading individual (Band 1) in Projects, Infrastructure, and Energy/Natural Resources and Mining by the leading international legal directories (i.e., Chambers Global and Asia Pacific, IFLR 1000/The Petroleum Economist, and The Legal 500 Asia Pacific). Dennis is also a Certified Public Accountant. He was appointed co-chair of the 2013 Conference of the International Bar Association and Australian Resources and Energy Law Association Southeast Asia in Singapore. He is a member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators.
Dennis advises clients on cross-border acquisitions of shares/assets as well as on structuring investments and divestments in a range of industries. He advises clients in joint venture negotiations and agreements. He has worked on project financing transactions and related corporate structuring and regulatory matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advise a Korean company that develops and manages water resources and water supply facilities in its joint venture for the construction, operation and maintenance of a water treatment facility in the Philippines awarded under the Build-Operate-Transfer Law/Public-Private Partnership Program.
- Advise a German financial services company in the completed acquisition of a controlling interest in a major Philippine commercial bank's life insurance business in the Philippines.
- Advise Galoc Production Company on commercial and regulatory matters in relation to its interests and duties as operator for the Galoc oil field project and other petroleum services contracts in the exploration stage.
- Advise an Australian gold mining company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) with gold mining operations in the Philippines on equity structure of its investment in its Philippine affiliates, employment of foreign nationals in Philippine affiliate, establishment of Regional Operating Headquarters, compliance with Philippine laws on practice of profession, and permits required for foreign nationals to practice geology/engineering in the Philippines.
- Represent a Philippine affiliate of an ASX-listed company in (a) obtaining the required local government consent and in engagement with the national government for a gold project to proceed to production following completion of its feasibility study and (b) joint venture negotiations in respect of a number of its tenements.
- Advise one of the largest banks in Korea and the investment banking arm of another large Korean bank in respect of its investments in and the structuring of project company that will construct and operate a waste incineration plant.
- Advise a Japanese government corporation that provides financial support and expertise for overseas infrastructure businesses on transaction structuring (joint venture) in relation to its partnership with the Bases Conversion and Development Authority for the Clark Green City and the Clark Rail Transit System projects.
- Assist an Australian travel retailing services company in its acquisition of equity interests in an travel industry software company.
- Advise one of the largest commodities/mining companies in the world in the sale of its interest in a Philippine copper-gold project.
- Advise a private equity and venture capital firm in respect of the structuring of its investment s in a portfolio of Philippine renewable energy projects.
- Leading Individual, Corporate/M&A, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Market Leader, IFLR1000: Financial and Corporate Guide
- Leading Lawyer, IFLR1000: Energy and Infrastructure Guide
- Band 1, Projects, Infrastructure & Energy, Chambers Global
- Band 1, Projects, Infrastructure & Energy, Chambers Asia Pacific
- Leading Individual, Projects and Energy, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Philippines-Australia Business Council - Chairman
- Enactus Philippines - Corporate Secretary
- International Bar Association - Member, Section on Energy, Environment, Natural Resources and Infrastructure Law
- Chamber of Mines of the Philippines - Member, Legal Committee
- Australian Resources and Energy Law Association (AMPLA) - Founding Committee Member, Singapore Branch
- Australian Resources and Energy Law Association (AMPLA)
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
- Philippine Mining and Exploration Association
- Philippine Mine Safety and Exploration Association
- Australia-New Zealand Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines, Inc.
- Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Korean Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines
- Philippines (2000)
- University of the Philippines (LLB Order of the Purple Feather Honor Society)
- University of the Philippines (BS Business Administration and Accountancy cum laude)
Quisumbing Torres is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.