Samuel Pollack is an associate in the Firm’s Global Tax Practice Group in Chicago. He provides domestic and international tax planning advice for corporations and pass-through entities.
Mr. Pollack advises US, non-US and multinational clients on an array of federal income tax matters. Mr. Pollack is experienced in tax matters related to corporate mergers, acquisitions and restructuring. He also regularly advises on tax matters related to joint ventures, REITs, private equity funds and real estate transactions.
- Illinois~United States (2013)
- University of Illinois (J.D., summa cum laude, Order of the Coif) (2013)
- Ohio State University (B.A., summa cum laude) (2008)
- Co-author, "Choosing a Branch or Subsidiary for Overseas Expansion," Law360, April 2021
- Co-author (with John D. McDonald and Stewart R. Lipeles), "Treasury Finalizes Regulations Under Code Secs. 954 and 956," CCH Incorporated, May 2017
- Co-author (with Richard M. Lipton), "An Improvement, But Issues Remain: The IRS Releases Temporary Regulations for Contributions to Partnerships with Related Foreign Partners," Journal of Taxation, May 2017
- Co-author (with John D. McDonald and Stewart R. Lipeles), "The Treasury Finalizes Country-by-Country Reporting Regulations for U.S. Multinationals," CCH Incorporated, November 2016
- Co-author (with Maher Haddad), "Perplexing Temporary Regulations Expand Rules for Taxing C Corporation Built-in Gain for REITs," Journal of Taxation, November 2016
- Co-author (with Richard M. Lipton), "New Temporary Regulations Target Partnership-Owned Disregarded Entities' Treatment of Partners as Employees," Journal of Passthrough Entities, July – August 2016
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.