Julie Permeke is a senior associate in the Tax Practice Group of the Brussels office. She joined Baker McKenzie in 2016 after several years of experience as a tax lawyer in other Brussels-based law firms.
Julie also works as a voluntary researcher in the tax department of the Free University of Brussels (VUB).
Julie advises Belgian and foreign multinationals on all aspects of tax law and on all kinds of corporate income tax issues and international tax planning.
Julie provides tax advice regarding mergers and acquisitions, including real estate transactions, and corporate restructurings. Her work includes acquisition and finance structuring, tax due diligences and tax input on contractual documentation.
She also assists clients in procedural and dispute resolution matters such as tax investigations and dawn raids and has significant experience in tax litigation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Fiscal Association (IFA), Belgian branch - Member
- Brussels~Belgium (2011)
- EHSAL (Post Graduate Course Corporate Finance) (2016)
- Free University of Brussels (Post Graduate Degree Tax) (2012)
- King's College London, UK (LLM Tax and Competition Law) (2011)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Law Degree) (2010)