Vivek’s practice focuses on the resolution of Federal income tax controversies and disputes with the IRS and other taxing authorities. Vivek advises clients throughout all administrative phases of a controversy, including audit, administrative appeals, and alternative dispute resolution proceedings. He has also helped clients successfully resolve cases before the United States Tax Court, United States Courts of Appeals, and other courts throughout the country, as well as in various non-U.S. jurisdictions. Vivek also advises clients on compliance with partnership tax audit and dispute strategies under both TEFRA and the Bipartisan Budget Act, as well as on procedural and substantive challenges to regulations and other administrative guidance.
Vivek also handles corporate tax planning related to domestic and international transactions, including transfer pricing considerations and supply chain ramifications. He assists clients with the implementation of global tax structures and strategies.
- District of Columbia~United States (2016)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit~United States (2016)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit~United States (2016)
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (2013)
- Georgia~United States (2008)
- New York University School of Law (LL.M.) (2012)
- Emory University School of Law (J.D.) (2008)
- University of Miami (B.B.A.) (2005)