Salvador Pasquel Villegas first joined Baker McKenzie in 1994 and became a partner in the Firm’s Mexico office in 2002. He has extensive experience advising on collective bargaining, strike call procedures, employment counseling in corporate restructures, executive compensation, employee benefits, pension funds, stock option plans, labor terminations, collective dismissals and immigration matters. Mr. Pasquel is a former scholar at the University of Bologna, Italy and the University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain, and has represented Mexican employers before the International Labor Organization (ILO) in 2003 and 2010.
Mr. Pasquel Villegas is a senior strategic advisor in collective bargaining and strike call procedures; harmonization of employment benefits, labor and social security implications derived from corporate restructures such as mergers and/or spin offs and general labor consultant. He is seasoned in tax and administrative litigation, consultation trials as well as individual and collective labor litigation. Mr. Pasquel Villegas also represents clients in collective negotiations, including collective conflicts of economic nature, employment agreements, benefits and other general labor concerns. He also advises on immigration procedures for high-level directors and managers; compliance and ethical guidance, employment discrimination and codes of conduct; design of executive compensation and employee benefits, profit sharing, pension funds, stock option plans, 401K plans, and the representation of Mexican and international corporations before Mexican labor authorities.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on the shut down of the manufacturing operations of Michelin, Goodyear, SCA and Motor Coach in Mexico.
- Advised on the collective conflicts of economic nature for the reduction of benefits and modification of working conditions in Delta Air Lines, Aeroméxico and Continental Tire.
- Advised General Motors Mexico on the effects of the economic crisis of 2008 and 2009 (stoppages and suspension of activities).
- Advised and conducted collective negotiations of the collective bargaining agreements of Aeroméxico, Aerolitoral, General Motors, Scribe, Delta Air Lines, British Airways, Mead Johnson, Contitech Fluid and Compañia de Nitrógeno de Cantarell among others.
- Participated as legal advisor in the annual reviews of the compulsory bargaining agreement of the rubber industry during the past 17 years.
- Represent clients in different industries in the implementation of successor employer procedures, including the harmonization of employment benefits, social security and tax planning.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Corporate Lawyers - Member
- American Chamber of Commerce - Labor Practice Group
- Mexican Bar Association - Member
- Mexico (1996)
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M.) (2000)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (Labor Law) (1997)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (J.D.) (1996)