Luciana is an associate at our firm. She first joined us as an intern during law school and has been part of our Banking & Finance, Corporate and Restructuring & Insolvency areas ever since.
She graduated from the Universidad de Lima on the first place of her class and acquired the lawyer degree with an outstanding cum laude distinction.
Luciana is experienced in transactions related to corporate finance, including operations for financing, acquiring and selling both listed or private companies, assets, business reorganizations and deals related to distressed companies in various industries.
Her practice is focused on advising national and foreign companies in general corporate and contract aspects, specifically in corporate maintenance, shareholder disputes, shareholder agreements and insolvency matters.
Luciana's experience includes the planning and carrying out of different strategies related to corporate insolvency, such as advising companies (as creditors or debtors) in insolvency proceedings before the Peruvian National Institute for the Defense of Free Competition and the Protection of Intellectual Property ("INDECOPI" for its Spanish Acronym).
Luciana additionally represents companies that are listed in the Lima Stock Exchange in connection with sanctioning proceedings before the Peruvian regulatory commission (the Peruvian Superintendence of Securities Market ("SMV" for its Spanish Acronym).
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Telefonica del Peru S.A.A. (Telefonica) and its subsidiaries in connection with the sale of Telefonica's 50.22% Class B shares through an operation in the Lima Stock Exchange for an amount of nearly 3.5 billion dollars. The seller was Telefonica Latinamerican Holdings S.L. and the buyer Latin American Cellular Holdings S.L.U.
Moreover, advised Latin American Cellular Holdings S.L.U. in their offer to purchase the outstanding Class-B shares of Telefonica held by minority investors through the Lima Stock Exchange.
- Represented Nielsen Holdings plc in the sale of their consumer data and analysis business, Global Connect, for USD 2.7 billion to Advent, one of the most significant private equity funds worldwide.
- Advised Agrobanco in a particularly complex insolvency proceeding of one of its main "non-retail" clients in which it held a claim of roughly USD 35 million and client had a decisive role in the Creditors' Meeting.
- Represented Agrovision in obtaining a USD 210 million financing, consisting of a USD 180 million secured syndicated loan and a USD 30 million unsecured syndicated loan.
- Represented Darby Latin America Private Debt Fund III, L.P. in a credit facility for working capital and debt repayment provided to Abengoa Peru and its subsidiary Omega Peru Operacion y Mantenimiento. The transaction included a security interest on shares and bank accounts, as well as an asset trust.
- Legal Counsel in the Program "Desafío Pro-Bono 2022" organized by Alianza Pro-Bono (a non-profit organization), 2022
- Lima~Peru (2021)
- Universidad de Lima (Law Degree, Summa Cum Laude / Outstanding) (2021)
- Universidad de Lima (Undergraduate Degree in Law, with a major in Corporate Law (Ranked 1st out of 117)) (2020)
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (2018)
- Author, "Excepción de convenio arbitral y transferencias ocurridas bajo el periodo de sospecha concursal: ¿cómo debe proceder un juez?", Lima Law Review N°, 2021