Wynn Pakdeejit is the Managing Partner and Head of the Dispute Resolution Practice Group of the Bangkok Office. Previously, he has served and acted as the Head of the Asia Pacific Dispute Resolution Group. In addition, he has also performed the role of lead counsel in multiple significant litigations, as well as handled various complex disputes. He is well recognized as a market-leader in Thailand, as evident from his continuous acknowledgement in the global market, the Asia Pacific region and Thailand.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing the national carrier of Thailand in its business rehabilitation proceedings following financial difficulties due to the outbreak of COVID-19 and acting as legal advisor for all matters, covering day-to-day operations to the overall plan, in what is deemed to be the largest and most significant case in the history of Thailand.
- Represented a client in a lawsuit to revoke a USD 620 million customs assessment on goods imported under the ASEAN Industrial Cooperation Scheme.
- Represented one of the largest global ship-building and oil-platform manufacturers in the defense of a USD 150 million claim involving damage to off-shore pipelines in the Gulf of Thailand.
- Represented a group of property development companies in four civil litigation claims relating to a byzantine investment structure against Lehman Brothers Commercial Corporation Asia Limited involving a combined claim amount of USD 330 million.
- Advised a trustee in the bankruptcy of the parent company and ultimate owner of one of the largest steel pipe manufacturers in the world in a USD 650 million business rehabilitation.
- Represented an asset leasing company in investigating and pursuing a number of potential civil and criminal fraud actions. The fraudulent activity has resulted in non-performing loans valued at USD 93 million.
- Representing a major regional construction firm in criminal bribery allegations investigated by the Thai Parliament, the National Counter-Corruption Commission, and the Department of Special Investigation, relating to violations of Thai law, including the Thai Penal Code, the Act on Offenses in Relation to Submission of Bids, and the Money Laundering Act.
- Highly Regarded in Tax Controversy, ITR World Tax, 2019–2022, 2024
- Highly Regarded in Restructuring and Insolvency, IFLR1000, 2018–2023
- The Legal 500 Hall of Fame in Dispute Resolution, Legal 500, 2020–2023
- Leading Individual in Restructuring & Insolvency, Legal 500 Asia-Pacific, 2009–2011, 2018–2023
- Leading Individual in Dispute Resolution: International Arbitration, Legal 500 Asia-Pacific, 2017–2023
- Band 1 in Restructuring/Insolvency, Chambers and Partners Asia-Pacific, 2011–2018, 2021–2023
- Band 1 in Dispute Resolution, Chambers and Partners Asia-Pacific, 2009–2023
- Thailand's Top 100 Lawyers in Dispute Resolution, Construction, Tax & Customs, Compliance & Anti-Corruption, Insolvency & Debt Restructuring, Asia Business Law Journal, 2018–2022
- Leading Individual in Dispute Resolution, Legal 500 Asia-Pacific, 2010–2021
- Band 2 in Restructuring/Insolvency, Chambers and Partners Asia-Pacific, 2012, 2019–2020
- Tax Controversy Leaders in Tax, ITR - Tax Controversy Leaders Guide, 2016–2018
- Leading Lawyer in Restructuring & Insolvency, IFLR1000, 2008–2017
- Recommended Individual in Dispute Resolution, Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2015–2016
- Recommended Individual in Restructuring/Insolvency, Legal 500 Asia-Pacific, 2014–2016
- Band 1 in Mergers & Acquisitions, Chambers and Partners Asia-Pacific, 2014
- Band 1 in Banking & Finance, Chambers and Partners Asia-Pacific, 2013–2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Thailand
- Barrister at Law, Thai Bar Association
- Litigation Attorney, Lawyers Council of Thailand
- Thailand (1996)
- National Defence College (2023)
- The Executive Program in Energy Literacy for a Sustainable Future (2020)
- Institute of Business and Industrial Development (2018)
- Top Executive Program in Commerce and Trade (2018)
- Capital Market Academy (Stock Exchange of Thailand) (2015)
- Southern Methodist University (LL.M.) (1995)
- Thammasat University (LL.B.) (1993)