Wynn is the Head of the Dispute Resolution Practice Group in Bangkok and has previously served as the Managing Partner of the Bangkok Office and acted as the Head of the Asia Pacific Dispute Resolution Group. He is active in the Dispute Resolution, Construction, Tax & Customs, Compliance & Anti-Corruption, and Insolvency & Debt Restructuring practice groups and has served as lead counsel in many of the most significant cases and transactions in the region.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing the national carrier of Thailand in its business rehabilitation proceedings following financial difficulties due to the outbreak of COVID-19 and acting as legal advisor for all matters, covering day-to-day operations to the overall plan, in what is deemed to be the largest and most significant case in the history of Thailand.
- Represented a client in a lawsuit to revoke a USD 620 million customs assessment on goods imported under the ASEAN Industrial Cooperation Scheme.
- Represented one of the largest global ship-building and oil-platform manufacturers in the defense of a USD 150 million claim involving damage to off-shore pipelines in the Gulf of Thailand.
- Represented a group of property development companies in four civil litigation claims relating to a byzantine investment structure against Lehman Brothers Commercial Corporation Asia Limited involving a combined claim amount of USD 330 million.
- Advised a trustee in the bankruptcy of the parent company and ultimate owner of one of the largest steel pipe manufacturers in the world in a USD 650 million business rehabilitation.
- Represented an asset leasing company in investigating and pursuing a number of potential civil and criminal fraud actions. The fraudulent activity has resulted in non-performing loans valued at USD 93 million.
- Representing a major regional construction firm in criminal bribery allegations investigated by the Thai Parliament, the National Counter-Corruption Commission, and the Department of Special Investigation, relating to violations of Thai law, including the Thai Penal Code, the Act on Offenses in Relation to Submission of Bids, and the Money Laundering Act.
- Advising the client in its capacity as the major creditor in the business reorganization of a real estate developer. The matter is valued at USD 455 million. The work involves advising on steps to induce the plan administrator to release funds and/or condominium units and retail space to the client as provided for under the plan and will include either seeking removal of the plan administrator and appointment of a new plan administrator or requesting the official receiver to seek a judgment for specific performance, ordering the plan administrator to transfer the debtor’s funds or condominium units to the client.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thailand (1996)
- Institute of Business and Industrial Development (2018)
- Capital Market Academy (Stock Exchange of Thailand) (2015)
- Southern Methodist University (LL.M.) (1995)
- Thammasat University (LL.B.) (1993)