Balint Ozsvar is an associate in the Banking & Finance Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's Vienna office and has experience in financial regulatory matters and financing transactions. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie in 2020, Balint worked for a renowned Austrian law firm, a major Austrian Bank and the Austrian Chamber of Commerce in Tokyo. He holds a law degree from the Vienna University of Economics and Business.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Amundi on the acquisition of robo-advisor Savity, particularly on financial supervisory law related matters.
- Advised Accenture on the acquisition of ARZ, a technology services provider specializing in the banking sector.
- Advised an Australian software developer specializing in blockchain-based applications on certain authorization and licensing requirements under Austrian and EU financial supervisory laws.
- Advised a global payment service provider on Austrian regulatory aspects and issues relating to money laundering in connection with a crypto services product.
- Advised a Luxembourg fund manager on the set-up of an Austrian branch.
- Advised a Swiss bank in connection with the accession of two Austrian entities as obligors to a CHF 55 million facilities agreement, secured by an extensive Austrian law governed security package.
- Advised Volksbank Wien AG on a facility agreement and the respective security package in connection with the financing of a real estate development project in Vienna.
- Advised Segafredo Zanetti Austria GmbH in connection with the accession to an EUR 300 million facilities agreement.
- Advised NH Hotel Group S.A. and its Austrian subsidiary on a EUR 250 million Revolving Facility Agreement.
- Advised a global company on a EUR 300 million syndicated sustainability linked loan.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Vienna Bar Association – Member
- University of Economics and Business Administration, Vienna (LL.M.) (2019)
- University of Economics and Business Administration, Vienna (LL.B.) (2016)
- Co-author, "Export finance during the pandemic," Industriemagazin, 2021.
- Co-author, "Amendment of the Consumer Credit Act (VKrG) and the Consumer Mortgage Act (HIKrG)," Online-Publication, 2021
- Co-author, "A brief overview of the state guarantees provided to SMEs under the Austrian COVID relief package," CuRe 2020/63
- Co-author, "Civil law chapter," Digital Law Handbook, 2018 (1st edition) and 2020 (2nd edition)