Isabel de Otaola has been a partner at Baker McKenzie’s Madrid office since 1999. She is a member of the Firm’s European Tax Practice Group. She is also active in the Tax Planning and Employee Benefits subgroups, as well as in the Global Reorganizations Practice Group. She regularly lectures in various conferences and seminars, and has authored several publications and articles, particularly for BNA’s Tax Management International Forum. Ms. de Otaola is also a certified public accountant from the Instituto Censores Jurados de Cuentas, and is a member of the Madrid Bar Association.
Ms. Otaola is highly proficient in general and transactional tax planning, mergers, and acquisitions. She pays particular attention to the tax planning of cross-border investments, corporate restructuring processes, as well as the design of supply chain multinational structures. In particular, she has handled the structuring — in both the pre- and post-acquisition phase — of hotels and resorts, pharmaceutical, distribution, software and IT companies. Ms. de Otaola is experienced in preparing equity incentives arrangements for top executives and expatriates.
Representative Legal Matters
- Provided tax advice for a multinational automotive group: reorganization, tax consolidation, general tax planning, etc.
- Advised seeds, IT and pharmaceutical multinationals on their various acquisitions and reorganizations.
- Advised post acquisitions structuring of a major Spanish hotel and multinational resorts.
- Advised on equity incentive plans, employee reward mechanisms and tax planning of expatriate staff.
- Madrid~Spain (1986)
- Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE), Madrid (1981)
Baker & McKenzie Madrid S.L.P. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.