Jeremy has over 10 years of experience advising REITs on their formation, acquisitions, disposals, equity/debt capital raising exercises and liability management, having worked on almost all of Hong Kong's largest REIT transactions.
He regularly advises on REIT regulatory matters and is a member of APREA's regulatory committee.In addition to his REITs practice, Jeremy also advises on real estate transactions and more general corporate work.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Link REIT on its RMB 6.6 billion acquisition of Corporate Avenue 1 & 2 in Shanghai from Shui On Land, being the first acquisition of a mixed-use property in Mainland China by Link REIT, as well as the expansion of its investment mandate to include properties in Mainland China.
- Advised Link REIT on its joint venture with Nan Fung to develop land acquired from the Hong Kong Government through public tender for HKD 5.86 billion, being the first development project carried out by a H-REIT, as well as the expansion of its investment mandate to engage in development activities.
- Advised Yuexiu REIT on its RMB 8.85 billion acquisition of Guangzhou International Finance Center in China, its subsequent RMB 2.62 billion acquisition of Hongjia Tower in Shanghai, and its subsequent RMB 2.28 billion acquisition of 67% of Wuhan Yuexiu Fortune Centre in Wuhan.
- Advised Fortune REIT on its Hong Kong/Singapore dual listing, its subsequent HKD 5.84 billion acquisition of Kingswood Ginza Shopping Mall in Hong Kong, and its subsequent HKD 1.9 billion acquisition of two other shopping centres in Hong Kong.
- Advised Champion REIT on its HKD 12.8 billion acquisition of Langham Place Mall and Office Tower, one of Hong Kong's tallest buildings, including its unit placement to partly finance the acquisition.
- Advised Regal REIT on its HKD 3.4 billion acquisition of two Regal iClub hotels in Hong Kong, and its subsequent HKD 1.36 billion acquisition of a further Regal iClub hotel in Hong Kong.
- Advised Prosperity REIT on its HKD 1.01 billion acquisition of the Chong Yip Building in Hong Kong, its subsequent proposed HKD 1.87 billion acquisition of another commercial building in Hong Kong, and its subsequent HKD 885.7 million disposal of the office portion of the Harbourfront Landmark building in Hong Kong.
- Advised Spring REIT on its GBP 73.5 million acquisition of a portfolio of 84 Kwik-Fit tyre repair centres in the UK, and its successful unitholder activism defence against PAG.
- Advised the trustee of New Century REIT on the IPO and listing of New Century REIT, as well as the REIT's subsequent RMB 700 million acquisition of the Songjiang Hotel in Shanghai and EUR 25.7 million acquisition of the Holiday Inn Eindhoven.
- Advised the trustee of Hui Xian REIT on the REIT’s proposed RMB3.9 billion acquisition of the Metropolitan Plaza and Tower in Chongqing, and subsequent RMB 776 million acquisition of two further hotels in the PRC.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Law Institute of Victoria - Member
- Victoria~Australia (2006)
- University of Melbourne (LL.B. Hons) (2004)
- University of Melbourne (B.Com.) (2004)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.