Jeremy is a senior lawyer in the Hong Kong office with over 10 years of experience advising REITs on their formation, acquisitions, disposals, equity/debt capital raising exercises and liability management exercises. He has worked on almost all of Hong Kong's largest REIT transactions, and has been recognised by Legal 500 as a "Next Generation Partner" for investment funds, as well as recommended in the area of REITs.
Jeremy regularly engages in REIT advocacy and is an active board member of APREA's Hong Kong Chapter.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised China Merchants Commercial REIT on its IPO and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised Link REIT as Hong Kong regulatory counsel on its AUD683 million acquisition of 100 Market Street in Sydney from Blackstone, being Link REIT's first acquisition in Australia and first acquisition outside Hong Kong and China.
- Advised Link REIT on its RMB6.6 billion acquisition of Corporate Avenue 1 & 2 in Shanghai from Shui On Land, its joint venture with Nan Fung to develop land acquired from the Hong Kong Government through public tender for HKD5.86 billion, and other real estate acquisitions and disposals in Hong Kong and China.
- Advised Yuexiu REIT on its RMB8.85 billion acquisition of Guangzhou International Finance Center in China, its subsequent RMB2.62 billion acquisition of Hongjia Tower in Shanghai, and its subsequent RMB2.28 billion acquisition of 67% of Wuhan Yuexiu Fortune Centre in Wuhan.
- Advised Fortune REIT on its Hong Kong/Singapore dual listing, its subsequent HKD5.84 billion acquisition of Kingswood Ginza Shopping Mall in Hong Kong, its subsequent HKD1.9 billion acquisition of two other shopping centres in Hong Kong, and its subsequent Singapore delisting.
- Advised Champion REIT on its HKD12.8 billion acquisition of Langham Place Mall and Office Tower, one of Hong Kong's tallest buildings, including its unit placement to partly finance the acquisition.
- Advised Regal REIT on its HKD3.4 billion acquisition of two Regal iClub hotels in Hong Kong, and its subsequent HKD1.36 billion acquisition of a further Regal iClub hotel in Hong Kong.
- Advised Prosperity REIT on its HKD1.01 billion acquisition of the Chong Yip Building in Hong Kong, its subsequent proposed HKD1.87 billion acquisition of another commercial building in Hong Kong, and its subsequent HKD885.7 million disposal of the office portion of the Harbourfront Landmark building in Hong Kong.
- Advised Spring REIT on its GBP 73.5 million acquisition of a portfolio of 84 Kwik-Fit tyre repair centres in the UK, its successful unitholder activism defence against PAG, and its subsequent issuance of convertible bonds.
- Advised the trustee of New Century REIT on the IPO and listing of New Century REIT, as well as the REIT's subsequent RMB700 million acquisition of the Songjiang Hotel in Shanghai and EUR25.7 million acquisition of the Holiday Inn Eindhoven.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Law Institute of Victoria - Member
- Victoria~Australia (2006)
- University of Melbourne (LL.B. Hons) (2004)
- University of Melbourne (B.Com.) (2004)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.