Dr. Max Oehm is a member of Baker McKenzie’s Dispute Resolution Practice Group in Frankfurt. Prior to becoming a Firm associate, he gained significant experience in international arbitration as a legal trainee in Baker & McKenzie.Wong & Leow in Singapore. Dr. Oehm holds a doctoral degree from the University of Mainz, Germany, and obtained a master’s degree in law at Boston University, USA, where he was awarded the American Law Outstanding Achievement Award in 2012. Dr. Oehm teaches at the University of Mannheim.
Dr. Oehm is a litigator. He advises on international arbitration and commercial litigation matters. Dr. Oehm represents clients in cases focusing on large industrial projects such as power plant construction and gas storage facilities.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a client on a more than EUR1 billion dispute over a power plant construction.
- Advising a shareholder on a more than EUR100 million dispute over a joint venture in the gas industry.
- Advising a client on a dispute regarding the construction of offshore wind farms in the German North Sea.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Initiative of Young Arbitrators (DIS40) - Member
- Young Singapore International Arbitration Centre (YSICA) - Member
- Germany (2016)
- Superior Court of Justice, Berlin (Assessor Exam) (2016)
- Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz (Dr. iur.) (2015)
- Boston University School of Law (LL.M.) (2012)
- Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz (First State Exam) (2011)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten, Wirtschaftsprüfern und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.