Christina Norman is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Global Tax Practice Group in Chicago. She advises clients on a variety of tax controversy matters.
Christina's practice focuses on transfer pricing disputes and other domestic and international tax disputes. She assists clients in all stages of tax litigation, from audit and administrative appeals before the IRS to litigation before the US tax court and other federal courts.
Representative Legal Matters
Christina's docketed matters include:
- Amgen Inc. v. Commissioner, United States Tax Court, Docket No. 16017-21 (multibillion-dollar transfer pricing dispute)
- Cross Refined Coal, LLC v. Commissioner, United States Tax Court Docket No. 19502-17 (challenge to claimed section 45 credits)
- Representation of numerous pro bono clients in administrative hearings and Chancery Court against the Illinois Department of Child and Family Services
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit~United States (2023)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (2021)
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (2019)
- Illinois~United States (2018)
- University of Chicago Law School (JD) (2018)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (BA Sociology & Spanish) (2014)
Publications & Presentations
- Co-presenter, "Key Developments and Trends in Transfer Pricing," TEI Wisconsin, September 2022
- Co-author, "Ninth Circuit Holds Mandatory Repatriation Tax is Constitutional," North America Tax News and Developments, Baker McKenzie, July 2022
- Co-presenter, "Two Years into the Pandemic: The Impact on Global Tax Controversies," Tax Executive Institute Tax School, Houston, March 2022
- Author, "Eleventh Circuit Agrees that the Federal Circuit Effectively Has Control Over All Overpayment Interest Suits," North America Tax News and Developments, Baker McKenzie, July 2021
- Co-presenter, "Federal Tax Controversies," CLE Course, ProLawCLE, October 2020
- Author, "Federal Circuit Effectively Assumes Control Over All Overpayment Interest Suits," North America Tax News and Developments, Baker McKenzie, August 2020
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.