Lan Phuong Nguyen
Phuong is a senior corporate/M&A practitioner with over 20 years of advising clients on FDI and M&A transactions in Vietnam. She has worked on deals covering a wide range of areas, including real estate, renewable energy, consumer goods and retailing, logistics, production. Over the last few years, she has established a strong reputation in the retail distribution market, having helped several global clothing brands and global retailers to establish their stores chain in Vietnam. Phuong also heads our Vietnam offices' corporate services department.
An active member of the Vietnam Business Forum, Phuong has contributed comment and consultation to the drafting of major laws of Vietnam, including the current Enterprise Law and Investment Law.
Phuong is knowledgeable in M&A, corporate and commercial laws, and has extensive experience in real estate matters. Phuong advises domestic and international strategic and private equity investors on major private and public M&A transactions in Vietnam across a wide spectrum of industries, from consumer goods and retail, real estate, logistics, to pharmaceutical, and renewable energy. Her M&A work covers wide-ranging types of work, including reorganization and post-acquisition integration advice and assistance.
Phuong supervises the real estate leasing team to discharge leasing contract review work. She leads and actively participates in construction contract review and the growing renewable energy projects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a multinational media and digital marketing communications company on the acquisition of 99.9% of the shares of a Vietnamese digital and PR agency network from the sellers.
- Advised on the sale of controlling stake of Davipharm Pharmaceutical JSC, a Vietnamese pharmaceutical company, to Adamed Group, the second largest Polish biotechnology company, marking the largest Polish direct investment in Vietnam.
- Advised LafargeHolcim on its EUR 460 million divestment of controlling stake in a joint venture cement factory in Vietnam to Siam City Cement Corporation.
- Advised Acuatico on its divestment of controlling stake of a water utility public company to a local real estate conglomerate.
- Advised AIF Capital on its investment of USD 15 million by AIF Capital Fund IV in Hong Kong and Vietnam-based Rochdale Spears Group, and previously on its subscription of a sizeable stake in the local food chain Mon Hue.
- Advised iNova on its acquisition of the controlling stake of Euvipharm Pharmaceutical JSC, a local pharmaceutical company in Long An Province.
- Advised Publicis on its acquisition of the local advertising and PR firm, Venus Advertising Co. Ltd.
- Advised Origin Energy Limited on its acquisition of controlling stake in a local LPG company. The project is the first of its kind to obtain the license to import and distribute LPG in Ho Chi Minh City post Vietnam’s WTO accession.
- Advised Abbott in relation to its acquisition of the entire distribution channel of dairy products from its main distributor.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Lawyers' Association of Ho Chi Minh City - Member
- The American Chamber of Commerce - Member
- The British Business Group in Vietnam - Member
- Thai Business Association - Member
- Ho Chi Minh City~Vietnam (2007)
- University of Wisconsin Law School (LL.M.) (2004)
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Law (LL.B.) (2002)
- University of Ho Chi Minh City (B.A. in English) (1995)
- Hong Kong
- Washington, DC