Lan Phuong Nguyen is a partner based in the Firm's Ho Chi Minh City office. Ms. Nguyen is a member of the Lawyers Association of Ho Chi Minh City, the American Chamber of Commerce and the British Business Group in Vietnam.
Ms. Nguyen’s practice focuses on corporate transactions with a particular emphasis on foreign direct investment, real estate, international trade, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory and commercial, as well as employment matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Origin Energy Limited in relation to the acquisition of major shareholding in a local company.
- Assisted First Solar in establishing its billion-dollar project on a solar panel factory in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Advised Toshin on closing the first two phases of a five-phase acquisition project over a prime location real property in downtown Ho Chi Minh City.
- Advised a leading logistics company on restructuring its operations in Vietnam.
- Advised the American Bureau of Shipping on restructuring its operations in Vietnam.
- Assisted numerous multinational companies,in setting up trading and distribution companies in Vietnam.
- Vietnam (2007)
- Law University of Ho Chi Minh City (B.A.) (2002)
- University of Ho Chi Minh City (B.A.) (1995)
- University of Wisconsin Law School (LL.M.)
- Hong Kong
- Washington, DC
Baker & McKenzie (Vietnam) Ltd., a limited liability company, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.