Chuong Nguyen is a partner in the Banking and Finance team. He has previously worked for another major law firm their offices in London, Tokyo and Shanghai. Prior to that, Chuong worked for a leading Australian law firm.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for the Asian Development Bank and the International Finance Corporation in connection with credit facilities provided to Petronet LNG Ltd to finance the expansion of its LNG regasification terminal located at Dahej, Gujarat, India.
- Acting for SITA Environment Solutions in relation to its acquisition of WSN Corporation from the State of New South Wales, and in connection with the refinancing of its credit facilities with Westpac Banking Corporation.
- Acting for Australian Drilling Solutions Pty Ltd on its merger with Easternwell Group (a leading Australian services provider to the mining, oil and gas, and infrastructure sectors) and the subsequent A$575 million sale of the Group to Transfield Services Limited.
- Acting for CHAMP Ventures on the leveraged buy-out of TS Marine Asia Pacific (a provider of sub-sea and marine services to the oil and gas, and marine industries).
- Acting for Study Group Pty Limited in relation to its acquisitions of ACPE Limited and Australian Institute of Applied Science Pty Ltd respectively.
- Acting for Healthscope Limited in relation to its off-market takeover bids for The Gribbles Group Limited and Nova Health Limited, and also in relation to its acquisition of 14 hospitals from Ramsay Health Care Limited.
- Acting for GE Corporate Finance Bank SAS in connection with the arrangement of senior and mezzanine credit facilities for Vesta Finance S.r.l. in relation to its EUR300 million acquisition of a portfolio of NPLs from Banca Antoniana Popolare Veneta S.p.A.
- Acting for Siemens AG in relation to its acquisition of A$125 million senior debt and commitments provided by Banco Santander under the senior financing arrangements for the Royal Adelaide Hospital PPP.
- Acting for Standard Chartered Bank in connection with the refinancing of a USD1 billion term loan facility for AngloGold Ashanti.
- Acting for SachsenFonds Australian Property Investment I GmbH in relation to the restructuring of its investment in 161 Collins Street, Melbourne.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Institute of Victoria - Member
- Asia Pacific Loan Market Association - Australia Project Finance Sub-committee
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2008)
- Victoria~Australia (1999)
- Monash University (LL.B.) (1998)
- Monash University (B.Sc.) (1998)