Krystal's practice extends to the provision of strategic tax advice on a broad range of subjects such as income tax, double tax treaties, withholding tax, real property gains tax, assisting with tax incentives and exemptions as well as the planning and management of transfer pricing considerations to achieve an optimal and more tax effective model on a domestic, regional or global level.
She is regularly called upon by clients to advise on international and domestic tax planning matters concerning in-bound investments to achieve an optimal and effective business model, tax structuring and integrations post merger and acquisitions as well as negotiating tax incentive applications for foreign investments into Malaysia.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a major Japanese construction firm in connection on the preparation of their transfer pricing planning and documentation for compliance and audit defence.
- Advised and assisted the Malaysian subsidiary of an Italian oil & gas industry contractor in relation to the preparation of transfer pricing studies and audit defence strategies in a complex industry.
- Advised a global manufacturer of critical products & high performance materials with respect to the tax and transfer pricing planning opportunities in the context of their regional operating model.
- Represented a Japanese conglomerate group in oil and gas on the restructuring of their shareholding structure and advised on tax planning opportunities resulting in substantial tax savings.
- Represented a global manufacturing device company in their commencement of business operations in Malaysia and provided strategic representation and advice on their incentive application.
- Represented a leading French manufacturing company in the commencement of their business operations in Malaysia and advised on use of Malaysian tax incentives for optimisation of business model.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Bar of England and Wales
- The Honourable Society of Lincolns Inn
- Kuala Lumpur Bar
- Malaysian Bar
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Malaysia (2010)
- England & Wales (Barrister)~United Kingdom
- University of Reading (LLB Honours)
- Bahasa Malaysia