Rani Narulla is a senior associate in the Dispute Resolution team at Baker McKenzie, Sydney. She focuses on alternate dispute resolution and commercial litigation. Rani has professional affiliations in the Law Society of NSW, Young Lawyers Civil Litigation subcommittee and the Women Lawyers Association. Rani serves as a volunteer solicitor for the Cancer Patients Legal Service and as a leader for gender equality.
Rani has a breadth of experience in general corporate and commercial litigation matters in state and federal jurisdictions within Australia, and in the United Kingdom, including claims in contract, tort, equity and under statute, in connection with disputes arising in fields such as property, financial and professional services, product advertising issues and mining.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for a national provider of apartment accommodation in relation to claims in the Supreme Court of Queensland against its former Senior Advisor in connection with the legal entitlement to an interest in 19 properties, and the concurrent defence of claims brought by that former Senior Advisor.
- Acting for a multinational innovative technology company in relation to a dispute over a market rent review for a retail tenancy lease for the client's flagship Sydney store premises.
- Acting for an ASX listed investment and funds management group in relation to a dispute over exercise of an option for renewal of a retail tenancy lease.
- Advised on cross border matters relating to the enforcement of foreign judgements in Australia.
- Acted for an international hotel group in an application to move personal injury proceedings brought in New South Wales, to Thailand where the injury occurred, which included the basis of forum non conveniens.
- Acted for an international multidisciplinary company in connection with the defence of large scale concurrent proceedings in the Federal Court concerning traffic forecasting issues.
- Acted for a multi-national consumer goods company in relation to misleading and deceptive advertising claims, including seeking urgent injunctive relief.
- Acted for an international electronics manufacturer to resolve breach of contract claims.
- Advised an international property developer regarding unauthorised promotion of their Melbourne property by a sales agent as being for sale.
- Acted for an ASX listed property and project development company, in respect of a Scheme of Arrangement to effect a minority shareholders buy back.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Women Lawyer's Association - Member
- Young Lawyers Civil Litigation subcommittee
- New South Wales~Australia (2007)
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2007)
- University of New South Wales (LL.B.) (2007)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.