Annastasia Nair is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate and M&A Practice Group in Johannesburg.
Annastasia is knowledgeable in general corporate and commercial law, corporate governance, due diligence investigations, corporate reorganisations and mergers and acquisitions.
Annastasia's experience includes drafting commercial agreements such as memorandums of incorporation, shareholders’ agreements and sale of shares agreements, and implementing global reorganisations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Abbott in relation to their integration of the Alere entities in South Africa.
- Advised Brenntag (Holding) BV on its acquisition of the remaining 50% of shares from a competitor.
- Advised Briggs & Stratton Corporation with the sale of equity interests in local subsidiaries.
- Advised ECP on its proposed acquisition of 95.36% of the shares in Burger King South Africa (RF) (Pty) Ltd and 100% of the shares in Grand Foods Meat Plant (Pty) Ltd from Grand Parade Investments Ltd.
- Advised Ellies Holdings Limited with its specific issue for cash with Imvula Education Empowerment Trust Fund.
- Advised FedEx Corporation in implementing the local transactions affecting its South African subsidiaries as part of a restructuring and local integration following its disposal of TNT Express subsidiaries.
- Advised Nielsen Holdings plc in implementing local transactions affecting its South African subsidiaries as part of a restructuring and local integration.
- Advised Synteract Inc (US) on its acquisition of the South African and Sri Lankan human healthcare operations of the Clindata Group.
- Advised Stryker (Pty) Ltd on its acquisition of a South African medical devices business.
- Advised Schreiber Foods in respect of its joint venture in South Africa with Sundale (Pty) Ltd.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of South Africa - Member
- South Africa (2021)
- University of KwaZulu-Natal (Bachelor of Laws )