Annastasia Nair is an associate designate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate and M&A Practice Group in Johannesburg.
Annastasia has experience in general corporate commercial law, corporate governance, due diligence investigations, corporate reorganisations and mergers and acquisitions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised ECP on its proposed acquisition of 95.36% of the shares in Burger King South Africa (RF) (Pty) Ltd and 100% of the shares in Grand Foods Meat Plant (Pty) Ltd from Grand Parade Investments Ltd.
- Currently acting for FedEx Corporation in implementing the local transactions affecting its South African subsidiaries as part of a restructuring and local integration following its disposal of TNT Express subsidiaries.
- Assisted Brenntag (Holding) B.V. on its acquisition of the remaining 50% of shares from a competitor.
- Advised Briggs & Stratton Corporation with the sale of equity interests in local subsidiaries.
- Advised Nielsen Holdings plc in implementing local transactions affecting its South African subsidiaries as part of a restructuring and local integration.
- Assisted with Synteract Inc (US) on its acquisition of the South African and Sri Lankan human healthcare operations of the ClinData Group.
- Assisted Schreiber Foods in respect of its joint venture in South Africa with Sundale Proprietary Limited.
- University of KwaZulu-Natal