Reza Nader is a partner based in the New York office of Baker McKenzie and advises multinational companies on US tax matters. Reza is chair of the New York Tax Practice and is also chair of the office's Associate Recruiting Committee.
Reza is an active participant at both in-house and external seminars and conferences. He has also served as an adjunct professor of international tax at the Georgetown University Law Center and Fordham University School of Law.
Reza advises clients on US federal income taxation with a focus on international tax planning and mergers and acquisitions. He has extensive experience advising clients on tax structuring for global transactions, often as part of dispositions, acquisitions or legal entity rationalization projects. These projects are often cross-disciplinary and involve lawyers in various jurisdictions and workstreams including corporate, employment, regulatory, and intellectual property.
Reza also advises companies on digital taxation, supply chain restructurings, transfer pricing and bankruptcy reorganizations. Since the enactment of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, Reza has been focused on helping companies navigate the impact of US tax reform and has advised on complex issues involving the transition tax, BEAT, GILTI, FDII, and section 245A.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a US publicly traded multinational company in a USD 4.8 billion acquisition and post-acquisition integration matters.
- Represented a US publicly traded pharmaceuticals company in one of the largest acquisitions in the industry and advised on post-acquisition integration matters.
- Represented a US publicly traded multibrand products manufacturer in its USD4 billion stock and asset sale in over 20 countries.
- Represented a US publicly traded pharmaceuticals company in its USD4 billion stock and asset sale in 39 countries.
- Represented a US publicly traded company in its USD700 million separation prior to an initial public offering.
- Represented a US publicly traded technology and manufacturing company in a USD1 billion stock and asset acquisition in over 30 countries.
- Represented a company in a USD1 billion joint venture alliance of two publicly traded US manufacturing companies.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New York~United States (2013)
- District of Columbia~United States (2006)
- Georgia~United States (2005)
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M. Taxation, Distinction) (2007)
- Emory University (J.D.) (2005)
- Schulich School of Business (B.A., Honors) (2000)
- Washington, DC