Eugenio's practice covers European financial and insurance regulations, such as UCITS, AIMFD, MiFID II, Prospectus Directive, Solvency II Directive, Basel III, Payment Services Directive, Electronic Money Directive, as well as domestic regulations issued by the Bank of Italy, the CONSOB, and the IVASS. He regularly assists financial players in relation to the provision of regulated services and the offer of financial products, and is often involved in cross-border reorganization of regulated entities.
Eugenio also assists major financial institutions in the context of debt capital market transactions (EMTN, standalone bonds, liability management), acting both on the part of the issuers and the dealers, and has recently advised on some of the most significant debt issuances in the Italian market.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted a major international group in connection with all legal and regulatory aspects concerning the set-up of an Italian Payment Institution.
- Assisted the joint lead managers in the context of the issuance by BPER Banca of the first Social Bond by an Italian bank, for an amount of EUR 500 million fixed to floating rate senior preferred notes.
- Assisted a major international group in connection with all legal and regulatory aspects concerning the set-up of an Italian Credit Broker.
- Assisted Mediobanca in the context of the issuance of EUR 500 million senior non preferred unsecured Green Bond.
- Assisted major Insurance Groups in designing their distribution model for the Italian market.
- Assisted Mediobanca in its Euro medium-term note (EMTN) program updates and issuance of EUR 750 million senior unsecured bond under the same EMTN program.
- Assisted the dealers in the context of the update of BPER Banca’s EMTN program and issuance of EUR 500 million tier 2 bond under the same EMTN program.
- Assisted FCA Bank in the reorganization of its Irish business, including a cross-border merger with its local subsidiary and the establishment of the Irish branch.
- Assisted major payment service providers on recent regulations, such as the PSD2, and the interchange fees regulation.
- Italy (2009)
- University of Palermo (Law Degree, with honours) (2005)