Jaime Munro is a transactional lawyer with extensive experience in the areas of securities, mergers and acquisitions, project finance and real estate projects. He is ranked as a recommended lawyer by the PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook, and is a frequent participant in seminars related to his practice. Mr. Munro presented on the Chilean experience in securitization at the 2004 New York State Bar Association Meeting, and spoke at the Miami Real Estate Conference organized by Terrapin in 2007.
Mr. Munro routinely works on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and private equity transactions, real estate investments, securitizations, corporate finance and major infrastructure projects. He also provides corporate and securities advice to multinational and Chilean companies. His impressive track record includes working on the acquisition of Dresdner Bank Chile by Grupo Security and handling private equity investments by GE Capital in Integramedica and all real estate investments of Kimco Realty Corp. in Chile.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the Government of Paraguay on the privatization and bidding process of the Paraguayan water company "Corporación de Obras Sanitarias del Paraguay" (CORPOSANA).
- Advised Hipermercado Jumbo S.A. - 2001 on a bond issuance for approximately USD200 million.
- Advised GE Capital on a private equity investment in preferred shares of Integramédica S.A.
- Advised Securitizadora Security S.A. on several securitizations, including negotiations with originators, structuring issuances, registration with the SVS and all legal aspects involved.
- Advised Banco Security as borrower in connection with a USD100 million syndicated loan leaded by BNP Paribas.
- Advised Quadra Mining Ltd. and the borrower in connection with the syndicated loan granted for the Francke Project by various foreign banks acting WestLB as leading bank.
- Chile (1995)
- Catholic University of Santiago (M.C.L. Honors) (1995)
- University of Chicago (LL.M.)
Baker & McKenzie Ltda. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.